• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Icing Issue Solution

R00STER

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2013 Nytro xtx 1.75
Well this has been my best solution to date. I have a block off plate that helped a lot, But with the XTX 1.75 I do not have the tunnel protectors to attach the long plate that has helped so many. Oh ya, that is a piece of crazy carpet! I have been running this all year with no issues at all. I just cut out a simple shape, drilled some holes, installed a few bolts with washers on the crazy carpet side and had a beer while laughing. Am i satisfied, Yes! This pic is what it looked like after 50 km of power line off trail riding!

Is that plastic? If so great. I put a alum plate on my XTX but still have some build up. I like your idea also. Do you get any ice building around your upper idle wheels? I still do in cold deep snow.

Is that plastic? If so great. I put a alum plate on my XTX but still have some build up. I like your idea also. Do you get any ice building around your upper idle wheels? I still do in cold deep snow.
Ya, its a piece of Crazy Carpet!
And yes i still get the ice buildup around the upper idlers and along the side of the tunnel.

Excellent idea! Just like the guy who came up with velcro, simple but s0-0-0-0 good!.

ROOSTER, two things. Firstly, did you remove your block off plate and attach your crazy carpet directly to the tunnel? I suspect that attaching it to an existing block off plate would work too as long as it can flex a little to discard the snow. Secondly, I see that you have slidekick ice scratchers, I find that in certain conditions(mild), if they are attached to the slide rail, they work so well due to the angle of the carbide tip, that they completely fill the skid with heavy wet snow. You could consider moving the slidekicks to the inside of the skis to reduce the accumulation but still give you plenty of lubrication from the front of the track.

I only have the crazy carpet at the back, behind the exhaust mount bracket. that is where i would get a 50 pound block!
The only time the scratchers go down is when the trails are super hard and I'm not getting any snow on the coolers. Other than that they stay on the rails!
My block off plate is only a small piece of aluminum behind the exhaust. Not the full length one like the guys with tunnel protectors have.

Rooster little off topic but was the stage 2 from schmidt brothers a huge improvement? And what should I expect if I put it on my sled . Thanks

I love it! Lots of power down low and mid range. Way smoother then stock. Made it feel faster on the trails, corner to corner, plus way better for off trail!

Please excuse another off topic question but how has that carbon fiber wrap around the tunnel held up ? I'am looking for something as I'am tired of polishing every year and I really like the look of it and the rest of the sled. Nice

I am amazed at how well it is holding up! On the right hand side i had a little wrinkle in the wrap when i installed it, right where my boot rubs. So it ripped on the split, but its not really spreading. I'm just going to throw a band aid on it and see how that holds up.
But I'm 99% satisfied so far.
I just bought a roll of the stuff for like $80 CDN and threw it on with no real plan. Still it turned out well.

I am amazed at how well it is holding up! On the right hand side i had a little wrinkle in the wrap when i installed it, right where my boot rubs. So it ripped on the split, but its not really spreading. I'm just going to throw a band aid on it and see how that holds up.
But I'm 99% satisfied so far.
I just bought a roll of the stuff for like $80 CDN and threw it on with no real plan. Still it turned out well.
where ya find the roll and what other designs to they have. tired of polishing

Back