• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Icing Issue Solution

I bought it off of Amazon.ca. The company was VVIVID VINYLS out of Montreal. They have all kinds of designs and colours. Super easy install, and it sticks great!
If you check I think you can order straight from the company.

Rooster That looks nice. Do you have any pics that are closer to the tunnel? Did you put the vinyl in the footwells? Some more pics please

I will take some close ups this week. I Have the Mountain tech running boards so I did not need to put the wrap on the boards, but I did put it on the tunnel into the foot wells. There has been zero peeling there! I know its hard to believe, but its still in the same shape as when I put it on.

Here is a couple of pics, I know its dirty but I had to go for surgery at the end of last season so I ended putting it up dirty.

I took off the round foot bar (4 bolts). Then I made a template out of cereal boxes, lol. I only went exact on the footwell, for the rest of the sides i left a couple inches longer and trimmed after it was in place.
The wrap I used was repositionable, but a second set of hands would have been helpful!

How did you make out around all the rivet heads? Did you have any issues getting the air out? I've seen vids where you use a heat gun and warm the area up and us a "rivet cup" tool they called it to work out the air. I've always wanted to wrap mine but have been gun shy. Yours looks great!! How thick it the wrap?

The wrap I used is designed to let the air out, I forget exactly, something about the texture blah blah blah.
But you do heat it up to mould it around stuff, and you have to heat it up to activate the glue as well. I honestly don't recall the thickness, but if you look at the website for the company I mentioned you can figure that out.
This design allows you to screw up too! It does not really show up where you put an overlap joint, so if you put on a band aid anywhere it will not stand out.
Trust me, it was easy! I was working alone in a tiny little shed where I don't even have enough room to change my mind.

Got my crazy carpet in the mail today lol.I will try anything to make my sled a little lighter for drag racing with my friends. But I have the rails in the tunnel .guess im gunna have to try to get it up on top of the rails. Any suggestions?

I managed 40 miles the other day and I think I have figured out how to keep from icing up. I got rid of all the plastic around the exhaust pipe and cut the exhaust heat shield back a little. I made my own block off plate and I was blown away when I looked under my sled after the 40 miles. Almost zero ice. Last year I had massive ice blocks. I think the key is to get the heat out of the tunnel.
IMG_20161030_191938880.jpg

I don't have any pics, but here's what I did for ice problems. I have the stock exhaust on my 09 xtx, with a SB block off plate. About twice a season, depending on mileage, I spray my tunnel with Fluid Film. It's a penetrant spray I use to break any amount of rust free from bolts, nuts etc. Not sure if it's available in the US, but it must be. Result...works amazing for me. I went on a 160 miles run last weekend, and it was -26 Celcius when we left. It got up to -10 when we rode back to trucks. It snowed most of the way back, and throughout the day, we were on freshly groomed trails, hard pack, and fluff. I had my scratchers down for about 30 mins total.

I never had to kick ice from my tunnel once, and checked underneath 2-3 times. I thought about a Crazy Carpet last yr, but thought I'd try this first, and it seems to be working for me.

Rooster, and Deeppow16...NICE looking Nytros!!

Back