• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Improve your forum photo presentations 1000%

Mick Max

You can really improve your photo presentations by not downloading them to this site (plus that eats up server space)

It is easy.

1.Sign up for free photo hosting at one of numerous sites.
I like www.photobucket.com

2.Download pics you want to post to the hosting site (photobucket)

3. copy and paste with the [img ] tags added

example

[ img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/Torkmax/house2.jpg[ /img]

I added spaces right after each left bracket so it would not post as a picture so you could see what it looks like.
With out those spaces it posts as a pic, not text

P7080461.jpg

Be considerate of dial up users. You can resize pics easily with a free download at irfanview.com 620X480 works great.

Thanks to crewchief47 for posting this on the TY site

example of what using photobucket looks like

Crewchief47 said:
As to item three. If you copy the "Img" text box, the image tags will be included when you paste.

desk.jpg

Here is the proper link for the free picture resizer
http://www.irfanview.com/

The following pic is sized 1024X768 which is really too big.
But if you need to show great detail, on a mod you have done, then the occasional large pic is OK.

GPS2.jpg

Good thread, I will try and get some pics up soon as my Yahoo pics have disappeared? I haven't been on this forum in a coons age, I actually forgot about it when my computer got reworked........Irv

Tork,
I have a question when using "irfanview.com"
When I try to reduce the KB of a picture to reduce to 560 KB or lower I can not get it to save? I'm going by the procedure on the site which is:

Q:How to reduce saved file size from XX to YY KB?
A:There is no one-click solution for that, sorry.

1.Open an image.
2.Go to menu Image->Resize/Resample and reduce the image dimensions in pixels.
3.Go to menu File->Save As, choose JPG and save as new file (see also JPG save options like: lower JPG quality, uncheck EXIF, etc.).
4.Look at the file size of the new file. If still too big, repeat the steps, using smaller pixel size and/or lower quality, etc.
X.For many images, use menu File->Batch Conversion, Advanced options.

I've gone over the procedure and have done individual pictures several times but it just won't save in the file for the pictures, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

Back