• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Initial Impression of BTX SE

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha Sidewinder BTX SE
IMG_1094.JPG
Just want to share my initial thoughts of my new Sidewinder BTX. I found myself looking for a sled that I wouldn't have to start modding to really enjoy it. Well Yamaha nailed it, the things that stick out the most is how quiet and smooth this sled is. It has been mentioned before but you really don't notice the turbo it feels like it's all motor. Anyway just thought I would share, hope you all are enjoying your new winders.

Last edited:

Same exact sled I have, same deal here, not enough snow until today. Also have 3 lakes to cross to go anywhere and they may be close to being thick enough. So so far just sitting in the garage, have to live through all you guys for now.

Just got my btx se this week took it around the field Friday and Saturday. 3-4 feet snow drifts and all I can say is wow, never thought I would own a Yamaha that when you turn one side doesn't dive into the snow, it stays up and flat, huge confidence with it. I think the skis are a huge part, I have a set of Mohawks I'm going to try and ride back to back to see if there is a difference, I'm very impressed with the stockers... never thought I would say that about a Yamaha ski either!

Also raced my brother who bought my hurricane vipers xtx (unknowingly he turned it up to 240hp) and with any kind of depth to the snow the btx just launches and goes! So he's back to the drawing board ...for field bragging rights anyway!

I'm with you, first sled in a long time I'm not in a hurry to mod , works great!

Back