• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is this a problem?

Snowaddict

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX-LE
TWITTER
mstahl88
I was starting to do my summerization prep (pathetic winter) on the '09 Vector and when greasing the suspension, I noticed this. You can see where the shock rubbed on the middle of the track in yhe rear. If you look closely, you can see where the metal is worn down on the spacer (if thats what its called) Should I be worried or does this need something done to it?

Attachments

• 20160301_202554.jpg
    20160301_202554.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 191

That is why that piece is there, but keep and eye on it. You don't want it wearing jagged and possibly cutting the track.

That is why that piece is there, but keep and eye on it. You don't want it wearing jagged and possibly cutting the track.
Thanks for the reply. I was pretty sure that's what it's purpose was, as I remember my '06 Apex RTX didn’t have it originally. I just didn't know if the metal was actually supposed to wear down too or if something needed to be addressed / replaced. I also seem to remember that someone made some type of shock rub protector a few years back? I will just continue to keep an eye on it then.

Well, after another 500 miles the metal is now worn through and is wearing the track. The metal has a jagged edge. So, what is the fix? New parts? Welding?
20170410_114606.jpg

IMG_20141105_1340573421_zps428cfff0.jpg
Anti rub kits available from different people. Just Google it ! If cut threads aren't showing I would run the track with one of these Kits

So, I'm thinking I should grind down or off the metal loop and add some type of anti rub kit (as mentioned above.) Does that sound sufficient? Or do I need to cut the loop entirely off and get a new one welded on (and add anti rub kit?)

The loop needs to be carefully cut off and the Anti rub kit installed. I would cut most of it then carefully grind the rest smooth.

The loop needs to be carefully cut off and the Anti rub kit installed. I would cut most of it then carefully grind the rest smooth.
Ok. Thanks. Now I just need to decide if this is a Spring or Fall project. I thought I was done with it after storage prep last weekend. Hard to motivate myself for it now, knowing it will be at least 7 months until it gets used again. At least now I know what needs to be done!

Ok. Thanks. Now I just need to decide if this is a Spring or Fall project. I thought I was done with it after storage prep last weekend. Hard to motivate myself for it now, knowing it will be at least 7 months until it gets used again. At least now I know what needs to be done!

I hear you! I've got 1 done and 3 to Go ! I tell myself every year. Do it before it gets cold. Never fails I'm busting butt right before the snow flies . Enjoy your Summer !!

Back