• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is you cover water proof

STORM-CHASER

TY 4 Stroke Guru
I been trailer with my cover part sma-cover-54-00 . I have made about 6 trips , now its not shinny anymore and when I take it off my sled under the covered is all salt and wet. I tryed hoseing it off but just blows threw to the sled, I swear when it was new it was water proff. has any one had this happen to them?/

:die

I only have used my cover 2x for transporting in the back of my truck. I have noticed when it sat outside of the house with the cover on it did have water on the seat so apparently it's not waterproof but I didn't get any salt under it from being in the back of the truck for 400 mile rides. I only trailer mine in an enclosed trailer or the back of a pickup, those open trailers even with salt shield seem to make a mess of them in no time flat.

cover

Same here, nice at first then nothing but salt. I was told by dealer to buy a waterproofer "camp dry" and do that every couple of weeks or after a road trip..

IMO any cover I have seen is complete junk, they are made from old school materials that don't protect well at all. :o| The biggest rip-off going.

I would have to agree that they are not waterproof. In order to be waterproof you would have to have 2 or 3 layers. Such as waterproof on the outside and soft on the inside to resist scratching. Much of the waterproof materials are plastic which could crack in cold weather or get eaten up in the wind. I'm afraid we are stuck.

If you could find a way to wrap a tarp over the top of the existing cover and keep it tied down . That might do the trick.

Yea, but the tarp would hold water in, would work for road trips but not extended storage. We need Gor-Tex covers! A $1000.00 snowmobile cover for an $8000.00 sled!

Back