• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is your secondary spring set right on a Hurricane Turbo?

he recommends moving it from 3-3 to 1-0? Any turbo owners out there comment on this set up?

Wouldn't wrapping the spring over 1/3 over change your lbs? 3-3 means you are at 60lbs and if you wrap it 1/3 to the next holes on the helix change the pressure? I have the same clutch kit and did wrap it over 1/3 turn. Seems like a lot of pressure.

Wouldn't wrapping the spring over 1/3 over change your lbs? 3-3 means you are at 60lbs and if you wrap it 1/3 to the next holes on the helix change the pressure? I have the same clutch kit and did wrap it over 1/3 turn. Seems like a lot of pressure.

If you wrap it 3-3 and truly put a 1/3 of a turn of twist on it, then it is very very tight, will raise RPM, be hard on buttons, and belts as well.

The 0-1 setting is a overall better setting and will be much easier on both the clutch components and the belt. You do not have to change your setting, it's just my suggestion.

Last edited:
In the video there is no wrap at all. Thats the problem and what he is explaining.

Yes, that is what I was showing in the video, to be sure you actually tension the spring, instead of just push the helix straight down onto the studs.

If you wrap it 3-3 and truly put a 1/3 of a turn of twist on it, then it is very very tight, will raise RPM, be hard on buttons, and belts as well.

The 1-3 setting is a overall better setting and will be much easier on both the clutch components and the belt. You do not have to change your setting, it's just my suggestion.
I may be missing something here, but didn't you say on your Facebook to set the secondary to 0- 1?

Yes, it was my suggestion to go to a 0-1 setting, I apologize as I mistyped it in my above post.

Thanks. Maybe a dumb question, but when you say 0- 1 is the "0" on the helix and "1" on the secondary?

Thanks a lot. Now can you make it snow here in Newfoundland???? LOL!!!!!!

nope but i bet he is working on it ;)!

Back