• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Join the Team!!!!

rtx moose

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder LTX LE,2007 RTX,2000 SRX700
Design Engineer - Engine Integration
Position Location: WI, Minocqua
# of openings: 1
Requisition Number: 1390
Description
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!

Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a successful Snowmobile Engine Integration Design Engineer to join our Snowmobile R&D Center in Minocqua, WI. The Design Engineer provides support to new product development with design.

Pay scale/salary??

Better have a Masters Degree or Doctorate! Sure, move to Minocqua and at the first signs of a slowdown or change in business direction, they dump you like a pile of garbage. And where else are you going to work in Minocqua. Best to get a signed contract from them but good luck with that.

It's just reality folks......

If only they needed robotic support...

I live close by and my good friend (whom has no college degree, but is totally qualified) would probably like this job. She's 50 years old and has been building racing engines for many years. She knows so much about racing it's crazy. But I'm sure they wouldn't consider her because she has no degree. That's ok I guess cause real racers pay her more money than yamaha would anyway.

If you want to put Yamaha engines in other peoples sleds it is the job for you...1 engineering job tells you everything you need to know...sad

If you want to put Yamaha engines in other peoples sleds it is the job for you...1 engineering job tells you everything you need to know...sad

Just because they are hiring one position doesn't mean they only have one engineer. Maybe they are adding a position.

What about Cat 2laps? What now they make 2 engines of thier own. Man it must suck to be such a negative nanny!

Not to sound negative because I'm certainly not, but the job title "Design Engineer Engine Integration" does sort of sound like making engines fit in someone else's chassis. :)

Just because they are hiring one position doesn't mean they only have one engineer. Maybe they are adding a position.

Not to sound negative because I'm certainly not, but the job title "Design Engineer Engine Integration" does sort of sound like making engines fit in someone else's chassis. :)
Yes true but not my point.

No I think it means ONE chassis for multiple engine configurations ! ;)

I can design motormounts on cad all day long for 1 motor and 7500 diff applications

Cat theory, don't fit bigger hammer!

Yamaha theory, if it don't fit, let's get a planning board together have 8 weeks of think tank planning 8 weeks prototyping plans, 1 year testing, 6 months refining the product, 2 years overthinking strength and adding 20% more material back out of worry. Then 1-1.5 years re-tooling the factory to make the part. Once all that's done you're revolutionary part has been used, refined, and replaced by better parts by the other manufactures .

Back