• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just a Reminder

BOUNTYHUNTER

Staff member
Please ride safely out there.

I finally got my sled back together just in time for our annual Christmas morning ride. We were cruising along the trail when I spotted something over to the right side of the trail in the trees. Someone on an Polaris XC had left the trail took out several trees and bounced off two hugh oak trees, the machine was pretty much toast. As I went by I then spotted someone lying on their back between the trees. I ran over to find this gentleman unconscious, The visor of his helmet was ripped off and his helmet was scared from the trees. I could see by the way his leg was pointed that it was broken. A women came bye on an other sled that had been riding with him, she was badly shaken up over the whole ordeal and had gone for help. Good thing for cell phones, I called 911 and reported the accident. They had already been notified but in all of the confusion 911 was given the wrong location. I covered the gentleman to keep him warm and took off to meet the rescue people on the Hwy. Seemed like forever for them to arrive, it took about 45 minutes to finally get him on a back board and into a plastic tub [sled] and pull him out.

After that I really didn't feel much like riding any more and packed up for home. Really makes you think about how quick something bad can happen and on a day were you don't see too many other riders. Just thought I would share this with you guys as I know we all like to pound the country side at WOT. Sometimes we tend to forget we are not invincible, so please be careful out there as I wouldn't want to hear or read about any of our TY members being hurt.

Damn, that would really suck. Good job Bountyhunter. I kept reading this post expecting a punch line (knowing bounty) but it was real. Be careful out there.

My friend and I came upon an accident scene a few years back. We were the first on the location and found the sled still running with minimal damage, you had to look hard to detect it. Unfortunately this person could not be helped. To say the least, it had a big impact on a sport that I enjoy so much.

I had a GREAT SEASON this year, our TY Ride was FANTASIC and finally got to meet alot of nice people from the site that I talk to regularly. I just got my pictures back from the photo shop, and was reminded of this Christmas morning accident.

After all that has happened in the past few weeks, I have had to re-evaluate a few things for myself & Co-Pilot. I will not be Turboing my Warrior, as much as I loved it & wanted to; TOO MUCH POWER FOR ME!

Next year we both will be wearing a SAFTEY VEST , And Co-Pilot will also be wearing a SUPER BRIGHT LED light as well. ;)!

These photos are just a reminder THAT WE ARE NOT INVINCIBLE, please take care as it maybe the other preson you need to watch out for.

Attachments

• Scan0017.jpg
    Scan0017.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Scan0016.jpg
    Scan0016.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 141
  • Scan0015.jpg
    Scan0015.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Scan0014.jpg
    Scan0014.jpg