• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

just a thought to enhance performance and run cooler

Have we have 4 new turbos and have raced the repeatedly no different outcome!

ok for all you non believers simply test. Go outside with both bar arms and stick one in bucket of ice and 2nd one have a big fan blowing outside air on your arm and tell me witch one get coldest?

View attachment 124584
SW MTX on left. M9000 on right
Looking closer at my sled I'm not sure adding a grille is needed. I think I can probably just glue the Frogskinz around #22 and put it back in but #18 looks like a better shape to deflect snow.

you and I are on the same page...your microfishe posted...the only thing is the grille on the king cat (which you refer to) you lose your nose piece....if you look at the king cat head on Im not liking the stubby fat nose look....Im assuming we have part number 22 already and you are thinking of frog skin over it?

you and I are on the same page...your microfishe posted...the only thing is the grille on the king cat (which you refer to) you lose your nose piece....if you look at the king cat head on Im not liking the stubby fat nose look....Im assuming we have part number 22 already and you are thinking of frog skin over it?
Yeah I noticed that it looks like the part that I ordered number 18 is not going to easily snap into the Yamaha and part.

We won't know until it shows up in a take it apart no matter what I'm definitely wrapping the nose with frog skin. It may be that that piece just needs to be cut a little to fit in and create some sort of retainer for the top

ok for all you non believers simply test. Go outside with both bar arms and stick one in bucket of ice and 2nd one have a big fan blowing outside air on your arm and tell me witch one get coldest?

I think what your missing is once the heat from the intercooler melts the snow/ice a bit now you have a air gap between the two.This dead air space is a good insulator. The remaining ice blocks the air flow to the intercooler reducing it's efficiency. Now if the ice remained in constant contact with the cooler.

Not the same thing! You are pushing warm air thourgh cooling fins to cool it down. On the turbo the warm air is INSIDE the cooler surrounded by ice. Go to a restaurant stand inside freezer and see if you get cold? Then stand with the door half open and half closed and see how soon you get cold? When surrounded by ice things on the inside will always be colder.
Well...not really. Your case assumes a static media (person), standing in a space, inside a block of ice. The air inside the charge tube is moving at a very high velocity and volume and its hot. As it passed through the inside of the exchanger, it has to...well, EXCHANGE the heat to the metal, then from the metal to the outside air, to cooler air moving through the fins of the exchanger. Look...this stuff is well know and understood. You don't want ice blocking air movement over the outside of and intercooler exchanger. It wont cool the air.

Yeah I noticed that it looks like the part that I ordered number 18 is not going to easily snap into the Yamaha and part.

We won't know until it shows up in a take it apart no matter what I'm definitely wrapping the nose with frog skin. It may be that that piece just needs to be cut a little to fit in and create some sort of retainer for the top

#18 from cat looks to replace yam #21 and #22!

Well...not really. Your case assumes a static media (person), standing in a space, inside a block of ice. The air inside the charge tube is moving at a very high velocity and volume and its hot. As it passed through the inside of the exchanger, it has to...well, EXCHANGE the heat to the metal, then from the metal to the outside air, to cooler air moving through the fins of the exchanger. Look...this stuff is well know and understood. You don't want ice blocking air movement over the outside of and intercooler exchanger. It wont cool the air.

you can lead a horse to water...

many of these guys dont have turbo experience ...soooo..

you can lead a horse to water...

many of these guys dont have turbo experience ...soooo..[/QUOTE

of course the country folk know you just add some salt to the oats...

this old stallion is all ears, as the great jimi hendrix said "Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.";)

Back