• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

just a thought to enhance performance and run cooler

you mean part number 18 ? you do realize that you cant run it with your nose piece...it replaces the yam screen and nose piece...look at the m9000 king cat nose
I have one coming too. I'll bet it can be run with some modification. I'll show what I did when I get. Maybe the Quebec guys will share their detail. I'm think cutting the top off and using it as the frame for the frogskinz. Can't say for sure until it is in hand.

I took the nose cone apart today I believe it will be easy to just wrap the frogskinz around the piece #21 on the SW MTX fiche. Cat grille prob not needed it you're planning to do the Frogskinz.

My sled with Frogskinz over factory Yamaha nose piece.
IMG_0019.JPG

My sled with AC part 7606-117 (<$20) installed.

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

How was the installation? I think it looks good. I think I'll call the local cat dealer and order one tomorrow.

There is nothing to the installation. You are literally swapping parts and using the same screw. You lose a little vanity (the emblem is gone) and gain functionality. Its interesting how different the 2 designs are. The Yamaha version seems designed to catch the snow and the cat version seems designed to deflect the snow. hmmm. The Cat grille keeps the snow much farther away from the intercooler. So even without the frogskinz it seems the better design. I have no performance review but look in the previous pages for the claims by the guys from Quebec running them side by side (sans frogskinz).

psst your sled is smiling at me. I'm kinda scared. :hide: LOL V' nice.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Yamaha nose collects snow and the Cat nose even without the frogskinz will divert more snow than it collects just as reported by the Quebec guys.

If your not racing then don't worry about it and have fun. Nobody makes the perfect sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about the block of ice thing..if that is the case it sounds like a poor design.
What was your water temps running,when I put the first 80 miles in patten/Island Falls maine where I live,on some fresh groomed,i mean fresh groomed,we had to stop for the groomers twice,and a lot of hard pack and road riding down the side on bare tar looking for trail signage at night,so my temps would run average around 172 and when it climbed toward 200 and at 215 goes into limp mode,but we were always able to stop put snow on the tail and in a matter of a few mins at best start and drive away,and as soon as you restarted it,you could watch the temps drop,but once when I shut it down,when it went into limp mode I could hear it boiling,freaked me out some,never heard this on any of my sleds before,not even on my old procross turbo.

What was your water temps running,when I put the first 80 miles in patten/Island Falls maine where I live,on some fresh groomed,i mean fresh groomed,we had to stop for the groomers twice,and a lot of hard pack and road riding down the side on bare tar looking for trail signage at night,so my temps would run average around 172 and when it climbed toward 200 and at 215 goes into limp mode,but we were always able to stop put snow on the tail and in a matter of a few mins at best start and drive away,and as soon as you restarted it,you could watch the temps drop,but once when I shut it down,when it went into limp mode I could hear it boiling,freaked me out some,never heard this on any of my sleds before,not even on my old procross turbo.
Was a little on the warm side but no shutdown issues until the coolant hose blew.

I hope to pick up my sidewinder next week and one thing I'm going to look into doing is adding a cooling fan on backside of inter cooler with the ability to run fan in both directions. If running fan normal polarity it will help ensure consistent cooling of the intercooler. If ice starts accumulating the fan can be reversed when stopped to melt and clear out the ice and snow build up.

I have a bunch of Nytro fans I'm hoping to recycle with this potential idea/product.

Back