• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just changed the Oil

2008 Nytro RTX said:
Well I know how to do it (Now) Would I be able to use the new oil I just put in or should I just use all new oil?

What are people's opinions on changing the oil filter in later oil changes after the first service change?

KINS said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:
Well I know how to do it (Now) Would I be able to use the new oil I just put in or should I just use all new oil?

What are people's opinions on changing the oil filter in later oil changes after the first service change?

I would change the oil at 500 miles and then at the end of every season. If I rode 3000 miles or more, a season, I would probably change it at about 2000-2500 miles.

I am running Full Synthetic so should I change it every 2500 or every 5000? And you guys think I should get an oil filter right?

Yes, If you ask me change the filter. There's no snow, your not ridding and it's not a big job. I would also change the filter at every oil change, it's right there anyway, as I said, on an Apex I can understand the complaint, on the Nytro it just being cheap! Do it right. Also at the end of next year, change the oil, that way it's not sitting around all summer with old oil in it. This is a another debated topic, but I say change it before storage.

Did you do the chaincase?

Anyone have any idea what dealers are charging to do a service on the nytro these days? And what exactly are they supposed to do for the first service on these sleds?

Why not replace the filter? I never understand when people spend $10,000 on there sled and then don't replace the $10 filter. Preventive maintenance goes a long way.

It's like a car. If you ever bought a new vehicle you probably didn't change the oil for 3,000 miles. You should replace it at no more than 500 miles, you would be shocked at how dirty it is. People always surprise me.

My current truck? My first oil change was at 7500 miles because that's what the manufacturer recommends. My current sled? 500 miles because that's what the manufacturer recommends.

Owners manuals. What a concept.

My dealer told me 3,000 miles also, but I did it at 500 miles with a non-detergent oil(to help with break-in) and the oil I drained out was disgusting. I should have done it even earlier.

Personally, I would ride the sled a couple days ONLY IF YOU HAVE SNOW. If you don't have snow, then just redo it, and get all the old oil out, and put a new filter on. Start with all new oil too.
If you have snow, feel free to ride it a couple days, and then change it when you have time. Its not going to hurt anything in the near future, but it could in the long run if you don't change it.

Back