• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just finished 6 day 1,619 mile Ontario ride...

Epicsw

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder
6 days of riding on an LTX-LE. That's 270 miles a day for 6 days straight.

The Soo to Searchmont to Halfway Haven to Wawa to Dubreville to Hornpayne to Hearst to Smoothrock to Abitibi Canyon Dam to Timmons and back the same way with a few side Trails off the A trail (Fushimi loop...).

What a sled! The QS3s are phenomenal! They dramatically change the sled with each simplistic flip of a knob! I wouldn't buy a sled that doesn't use these shocks...period.

If there are an average of 50 turns and corners per mile, in 1,619 miles, there are roughly 81,000 steering requirements. You do anything that many times, and you'll get good at it! I learned what combinations of the shock settings and suspension preload worked best in which conditions (the bumps and ruts, the table-top smooth, and the twisties).

Still on original belt with 2,200 miles on the odo.

I will be posting topics and pictures related to this trip in the coming days.

Suffice it to say... THIS SLED IS AMAZING!

6 days of riding on an LTX-LE. That's 270 miles a day for 6 days straight.

The Soo to Searchmont to Halfway Haven to Wawa to Dubreville to Hornpayne to Hearst to Smoothrock to Abitibi Canyon Dam to Timmons and back the same way with a few side Trails off the A trail (Fushimi loop...).

What a sled! The QS3s are phenomenal! They dramatically change the sled with each simplistic flip of a knob! I wouldn't buy a sled that doesn't use these shocks...period.

If there are an average of 50 turns and corners per mile, in 1,619 miles, there are roughly 81,000 steering requirements. You do anything that many times, and you'll get good at it! I learned what combinations of the shock settings and suspension preload worked best in which conditions (the bumps and ruts, the table-top smooth, and the twisties).

Still on original belt with 2,200 miles on the odo.

I will be posting topics and pictures related to this trip in the coming days.

Suffice it to say... THIS SLED IS AMAZING!
Sounds awesome! I will be going to Quebec at the end of the Month and I'm really looking forward to it. How was the fuel mileage? I know from Hornpayne to Hearst is around 120 miles and maybe even more.

Started trip with 520 miles on clock. Think I got about 12.5MPG on first tank. At and of trip, with 2,200 miles on clock, I think I'm up to 14 MPG.

I had to use my gas caddie about 5 times, but was prepared for that.

"Still on original belt with 2,200 miles on the odo."

Outstanding! 8JP or 8dn?

Epicsw, We just did almost the same trip, started February 3 out of espanola, and did all the stops like you except after Cochrane we went towards Kirkland lake area instead of Timmins than back down and over to where we started in espanola...

6 of us, 2 sidewinders in our group did the trip problem free, a few -30 mornings, both started no problem every time, both sleds are on original belts, one SW has quite a bit of km's on sled...

Glad you had a get time and that you love your SW...:Rockon:

Doing similar trip, leaving in a couple days. Did you actually run out of fuel? How much does your fuel caddy hold?

would you say lots of steady throttle running compared to on and off hard pulls>

Not to high jack Epicsw but shouldn't need gas, I had no problems with a nytro but I do have the trail tank, everyone had extra fuel except me but we never needed it for someone running out.. I had my light come on only once on our trip and that was going to Hearst from dubville...

Are leader for the most part in our trip was one of the sidewinders and to say he rides hard is an understatement lol.. hard braking with hard excelleration for every corner we encountered to full throttle on every straight away no matter how long there were, and guys who ride Ontario northern corridor know those straights can be long lol

20170208_135233-1328x747.jpg
Doing similar trip, leaving in a couple days. Did you actually run out of fuel? How much does your fuel caddy hold?
I ran out once and had to use the can. That was between the Soo and Halfway Haven. Fell short by about 10 clicks. There were no gas stops between those two locations on our route.

My Skidoo caddy holds 4 gallons.

Sounds awesome! I will be going to Quebec at the end of the Month and I'm really looking forward to it. How was the fuel mileage? I know from Hornpayne to Hearst is around 120 miles and maybe even more.

Hi Joe,
After 2200 miles on my Winder the fuel mileage has got even better. Took a trip this weekend to Dwight Ontario for just under 300 miles and went 128 miles before fuel light came on. That is riding the sled very aggressive and on a few long lakes at wide open throttle.
You should be good for approx 140miles + per tank when burping.

2492 on sled now and only 1 blown belt at 1100+ miles. All stock except shimming secondary helix.

View attachment 126773
I ran out once and had to use the can. That was between the Soo and Halfway Haven. Fell short by about 10 clicks. There were no gas stops between those two locations on our route.

My Skidoo caddy holds 4 gallons.

I hope I don't run out. I don't have a fuel caddy like that, may only have a 5 litre can that I will be bringing if I can fit it. The only spot that really worries me is frok Aubrey falls the halfway haven. Did it last year on the viper riding hard and no issues with fuel but the sidewinder seems good if your not beating on it to much. Will be starting from Sudbury Thursday morning riding to Elliot lake then wawa then Hearst then cochrane and then back to Sudbury.

Yamaha06 you'll be fine from Aubrey falls to halfway, both sidewinders in our group made it, just burp the sled when you fill it up...
Both sidewinders had a 5L tank in the saddle bags but never used it cause they ran out, more for a peace of mind...
Have a great trip...

Back