• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just finished 6 day 1,619 mile Ontario ride...

Hi Joe,
After 2200 miles on my Winder the fuel mileage has got even better. Took a trip this weekend to Dwight Ontario for just under 300 miles and went 128 miles before fuel light came on. That is riding the sled very aggressive and on a few long lakes at wide open throttle.
You should be good for approx 140miles + per tank when burping.

2492 on sled now and only 1 blown belt at 1100+ miles. All stock except shimming secondary helix.
Thanks Don. I'm coming to your place today to pick up a stackable caddy and shim kit. I'm not going to take any chances.

Yamaha06 you'll be fine from Aubrey falls to halfway, both sidewinders in our group made it, just burp the sled when you fill it up...
Both sidewinders had a 5L tank in the saddle bags but never used it cause they ran out, more for a peace of mind...
Have a great trip...

Thank you! Hopefully all the machines run good. How was the washout after Aubrey falls? Might see if I can fit a little 5 litre can in my tunnel bag just incase.

No worries on the washout, before our trip we heard a lot of different stories regarding how deep it was, kinda got me nervous at first but it wasn't bad at all, 4" to 5" deep the hole way and a little deeper just before climbing up the bank on the other side, and it's not as long as they say it is...

I've heard they might of made a little detour around the washout but I can't confirm that for sure, either way you will have no problems...

Just a heads up there's another washout just ahead of that one"maybe a few miles" which isn't bad either, just comes up quick...

Thank you! Hopefully all the machines run good. How was the washout after Aubrey falls? Might see if I can fit a little 5 litre can in my tunnel bag just incase.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Aubry to Halfway Haven is not possible. There is a big washout on the 201F Just before you hit the D trail to Halfway. The only way to halfway is from Searchmont/Sault or Chapleau.

I would call or email the Sault Trailer Blazers before you leave http://www.ssmtrailblazers.com/

I went through there last week, the washout is nothing and the trail shouldn't be closed cause of it...

I went through there last week, the washout is nothing and the trail shouldn't be closed cause of it...

Thats good to know, I'm just going off the local club website.. Shawn at Halfway will definitely know best.

Yes Shawn would know and he's not very happy that the club is closing the trail cause of a washout that has been over rated

Some of the gas stations only have regular, did it have any effect on the performance ?

Some of the gas stations only have regular, did it have any effect on the performance ?

I have had to put Regular 87 in my sled at least a half dozen times now. Never even noticed a difference. No hick-up's or loss in power at all.

We always chose premium (91) and was able to get it even after passing up some gas stations that didnt have it for others located nearby.

Halfway Haven to Wawa to Dubreville to Hornpayne to Hearst to Smoothrock to Abitibi Canyon Dam to Timmon

For this ride what did you cover in each day ?
Trying to gauge if my buddys can keep up.

When we did the trip a few weeks ago we did espanola to Halfway which was 400 plus km, that was a hard days riding but not bad, than half way to dubreville which was around 250 I think, than dubreville to hearst which was over 300 km, than Hearst to cochrane via the canyon which was another 400 plus km day but on highway trail so it wasn't bad, only the first day we rode in the dark to get to halfway, getting out of espanola takes time cause of the bush trails are tighter...
Our trip worked out to 2200km in 6 days, started in Española and ended in Espanola...
I could be off a bit with the km but close enough lol...

Last edited:

Back