• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kingers BOOSTED garage....

not to take away from your build here but did i see YOU BOTH GET YOUR OWN FRIDGE??? That has to be the best idea ever!

Ooooouuuuppps no good place to have a hole

Well got the sled fired again today it had been awhile and guess what, the little hose FIXED my idle issue, it idles perfect just like stock. Blip the throttle and its instant just like stock. I'm really excited as this was a small but annoying issue last year and now the sled is tip top perfect! :Rockon:

I also got to test out the trail tech HID headlights as the replacements for the headlight pod and what gives the sled the coolest look on planet earth :Rockon:

They are BRIGHT almost too bright I am fearful of meeting other sleds with this thing I mean they will not be able to see anything. I may need to install a small halogen on the nose and run that when I meet someone on the trail. Below is a picture of them on in bright sunny day in my storage shed, it was hard to look at the sled!! When the stockers used to be on you could barely notice they were working, but these things are EXTREME, I'm excited for the visibility but oncoming sleds will hate me. Since they are one beam (ie no high or low) I wired them so on Low they are off and on high beam they are on (the display on the gauge lets me know they are on during the day) so I'm tempted to wire in a small light to the low beam so when I go to that I can still see and other sleds wont drive off into the trees!

I'm so amped about this sled. It will be the most custom thing I have ever owned. Its also my dream to own a truly custom show sled and be able to afford to drive the wee out of it and not just sit and look at it. The first scratch will be painful but once I saddle up and hit the gas again I think I will get over it, this baby will get ridden, hopefully 2-3000 miles a year and I plan on just some normal maint and upgrades after its completed. I got a few things left to do but its taking shape. Hopefully my next post I will be able to show off the custom touches I have put on it!

:Rockon: :4STroke: :rocks:

Attachments

• HID lights.jpg
    HID lights.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 211
Kinger,

What about wiring 1 to low beam, and both to high.

You could point the low beam one slightly lower... ?

Hey Kinger, when are you going to install the new body work? G.B.

MotoPsycho said:
Kinger,

Brilliant! (guiness commercial)

That is a great I idea I could shut the left one off and aim the right one towards the trees a little bit which would be great to have that vision as well. I may very well do that!

GB I am savoring the new body work and I want to do it last when I say "done" for mods for this season! Cant wait!! :bling

Crazy fun build Jess....I am getting the itch really bad to boost my apex.

The soar taste is out of my mouth from the last turbo build on the rx1...been reading a lot about the supercharger.....just maybe!

Good luck on the ride! I will keep watching your post.

Brent

You will use 110Watts xtra, make sure you have the juice awailable, as this is a continous useage, on the RX-1 at least there was only like 35 watts to spare.......

Your sled is ...... lost for words.... be careful out winter hunting small game, don't walk to far out from your sled, you may not see it in the woods LOL

It's soooo nice, treat her nicely buddy

rxrider - these are my lights...only 30 watt draw, the stocker was 55 watt each side so I think I actually gave some power back to the sled which rules...

http://www.trailtech.net/4212-SX.html

Brent I can say the MPI SC is a durable unit with NONE of the issues of the turbo which is why I didn't go that route. I figure the SC gives up about 30-50hp over the a equivalent turbo set up but its damn scary as is and the fact that its reliable as stock means I dont wrench during the season just in the off season and only because I want to!

NICE WORK! I can't wait to see this sled done - it will be awsome with Matts' old pannels. Good that the idle issue is fixed:) Keep up the good work: -)

By the way, love the plastic! When I saw that up for sale...I just about jumped on it.

That is the route I would go if I were to do it.

kinger said:
MotoPsycho said:
Kinger,

Brilliant! (guiness commercial)

That is a great I idea I could shut the left one off and aim the right one towards the trees a little bit which would be great to have that vision as well. I may very well do that!

GB I am savoring the new body work and I want to do it last when I say "done" for mods for this season! Cant wait!! :bling

Sweet, it will be sick! G.B.

Got some more parts today!!!

Now I can finish up the wiring of the gauges to the handlebars and using a DEI 528T to delay the turning on of my AEM A/F gauge for 90 seconds so hopefully my sensors last longer then 800 miles! :o|

What happens when you want handguards but none match your custom theme? See pict :bling

Lastly is my tunnel side plate it turned out AWESOME, going to look sweet with the black tunnel poking through the Yam logo. That and the gauge pod will be the only ques that this is a yamaha sled!

Gas stops could be interesting....

:Rockon: :yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Attachments

• tunnel side plates done.jpg
    tunnel side plates done.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 207
  • new hand guards.jpg
    new hand guards.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 235
  • gauge pod done.jpg
    gauge pod done.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 211