• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Last year of the Apex - "share your Apex memories"

My last best machine!

Attachments

• P1010042 (2).JPG
    P1010042 (2).JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 230
  • P1010165 (2).JPG
    P1010165 (2).JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 230

I would trailer the 2012 XTX to the UP for a one night stay 200 mile loop. Nothing special really except I would go by myself, that's confidence if your equipment. I heard I was brave or nuts a few times lol. Not sure if I have this confidence in the SW.

Remember there's a fine line between brave or nuts. :eek: If you've got that much confidence to do a 200 mile loop by yourself on your Apex after trailering all that way I'd say your a typical Apex owner. No worries. ;)!

I wondered myself last year about having the same confidence with my SW, but after last season I'm just as confident with the SW as the Apex. Only time will tell as the seasons and miles go by if the SW will pass the true test of time but so far it's looking good.

Bought a 2007 RTX new in 08. Put 13,000 miles on it. Toughest most reliable sled I've even seen. I know a lot of the new iron is better, but I will always have a soft spot for the Apex RTX.

DSC04642.JPG
DSC04644.JPG
DSC04781.JPG
DSC04936.JPG
DSC04940.JPG
Rode the RX1 was a 03 was not mine but rode it quite a bit was an awesome machine with the installation of the M-10 skid. My Polaris 800 was down for its fourth engine and I had my friend at the Yamaha dealer here working on it. They knew exactly how to cure me of this disease I had. While my sled was down they gave me a loaner sled. Was a 2006 Attack I think if I remember right. Well game over. I threw down for my first Apex my 2008 Anniversary LTX GT. Super machine. After 58,000KM I decided i was ready for a EPS sled so I threw down again for my 2014 Apex XTX. Just what the doctor ordered. This season I had the chance to aquire another XTX this one an 2013 with low KM. I grabbed it up so I had a backup machine. Finished up this season using both sleds and racking up 13,750KM not a bad year i must say. My 14 XTX hit 40,000KM so with the Announcement of this being "IT" for my beloved Apex I had no choice but to Spring Order my third brand new one. The 14 will go but the 13 will remain and get all the goodies from it. My Rear skid with the Star Kit my Front Ohlins Shocks and my WRP seat. I already have a WRP for the 2018 ready to go on it.

These sleds have been just so dependable. I'm doing big rides not one day and back to home, sure somedays I do that but most times its 5-6 days minimum and each time I leave the garage here or take it out of my friends trailers I know I'll be riding it back. Not even a doubt.

I'm hoping it's not the last Japan built Yamaha with this motor. I have faith something new will come along. I am not going to drink the kool aid and jump on this Yamacat ship, no way no how. Good on you for those that have one. But I will never have one unless it's given to me for free.
Just not into it. That's not true Blue.

Between myself and my group, we have a 2005 RX-1, 2011 128, 2011 XTX and 2016 XTX 1.75. During that time, there were 2 other 2011's and a 2003. These sleds never let us down. The past 5 years, we haul them up to the UP in Dec and bring them back in April (and get all of our maintenance done). And average between 2-3k miles per year. I don't remember ever blowing a belt on the trail. We've two-tracked and trail ride and occasionally skipped some water. They may not be the best at everything (especially a bombed out trail), but always done it.

After each trip, we put them in the trailer and head home. Come back, turn the key and go again. The piece of mind to do this has been priceless and makes the 7 hour drive so much easier.
water crossing.JPG Snow3.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a couple pics of some of my Apex's over the Years. Have never been left along the side of the trail with any of them.
Love my Sidewinder more every time I ride it, but I bleed blue and so I snow checked a 50th Apex to go along with my 40th!
Wanted to have one of the last True Yamaha sled, and probably the last of the 4 cylinder bullet proof motors

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 210
  • Picture 105.jpg
    Picture 105.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 203
  • Picture 268.jpg
    Picture 268.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 202
  • Picture 283.jpg
    Picture 283.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 204
  • Picture 311.jpg
    Picture 311.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 207
Brought home my 2010 Apex as an left over in summer of 2011. Early pic and this season with 12,956 miles on her. Down through the years she has been called many names like " 1 ton, Tank and plow truck" Only to whip their a.. across lakes and trails ! Here is the first ride, still love the sound!
Radar run 94 in 660ft

This season pictures:

I would trailer the 2012 XTX to the UP for a one night stay 200 mile loop. Nothing special really except I would go by myself, that's confidence if your equipment. I heard I was brave or nuts a few times lol. Not sure if I have this confidence in the SW.
I was told the same on many of my solo rides! I would tilt my head and ask in return ""DOESN'T EVERYBODY RIDE ALONE""?????:rofl: So no, your not nuts or brave your an ""APEX OWNER"" ;)!

View attachment 128521 View attachment 128522 View attachment 128523 View attachment 128524 View attachment 128525 Rode the RX1 was a 03 was not mine but rode it quite a bit was an awesome machine with the installation of the M-10 skid. My Polaris 800 was down for its fourth engine and I had my friend at the Yamaha dealer here working on it. They knew exactly how to cure me of this disease I had. While my sled was down they gave me a loaner sled. Was a 2006 Attack I think if I remember right. Well game over. I threw down for my first Apex my 2008 Anniversary LTX GT. Super machine. After 58,000KM I decided i was ready for a EPS sled so I threw down again for my 2014 Apex XTX. Just what the doctor ordered. This season I had the chance to aquire another XTX this one an 2013 with low KM. I grabbed it up so I had a backup machine. Finished up this season using both sleds and racking up 13,750KM not a bad year i must say. My 14 XTX hit 40,000KM so with the Announcement of this being "IT" for my beloved Apex I had no choice but to Spring Order my third brand new one. The 14 will go but the 13 will remain and get all the goodies from it. My Rear skid with the Star Kit my Front Ohlins Shocks and my WRP seat. I already have a WRP for the 2018 ready to go on it.

These sleds have been just so dependable. I'm doing big rides not one day and back to home, sure somedays I do that but most times its 5-6 days minimum and each time I leave the garage here or take it out of my friends trailers I know I'll be riding it back. Not even a doubt.

I'm hoping it's not the last Japan built Yamaha with this motor. I have faith something new will come along. I am not going to drink the kool aid and jump on this Yamacat ship, no way no how. Good on you for those that have one. But I will never have one unless it's given to me for free.
Just not into it. That's not true Blue.
Lol ICEMAN ;) awesome

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My last best machine!
I got it Charley it was the mirrors that's what made me think it was different. YOu have totally different profile because of the mirrors. '
GREAT machine.

Yamadoo

Back