• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LE vs SE

Swampfox

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Sidewinder
I was just wondering after a year of riding the sidewinders, what is the consensus of the two models. I'm pretty new to yamahas. I have a chance at a new leftover Se with a 5 year warranty. Or a 17 LE with roughly 500 miles and only 4 years left of warranty. For real close to the same money. I'm thinking new is the way to go. But like the idea of heated seat and better shocks. I'm coming off a 16 XRS.

I guess what I'm asking is the SE shocked well enough to keep you happy?

Le for sure, you get the shock package! Ya, heated seat too!

Whichever one has QRS 3 shocks, mine has straight Float 3's, and wish would have went with better shocks.

Well not everyone has ridden both. But my s.e. didn't skip a beat.

PM me if you want a new s.e. under 12k.

LE hands down. The QS3R's are no joke. Well worth it IMO. real nice turning those clickers up one click when the trails start to suck. The LE"s came with a better center coil as well.

Well not everyone has ridden both. But my s.e. didn't skip a beat.

PM me if you want a new s.e. under 12k.
Joe ,you getting a blk. one ?It looks like you can only get the blk in a rtx ?

Whichever one has QRS 3 shocks, mine has straight Float 3's, and wish would have went with better shocks.
Thats the LE! Might sell mine! 1200km on it, zero issues!

Joe ,you getting a blk. one ?It looks like you can only get the blk in a rtx ?

Ken, not going to lie. That black and graphics package is the one, been sick all day! Hahaha.....

I just couldn't be happier than the sled I have now. Zero issues. How can I pass that up!

Like to come up your way and take a rip on your Winder when it's finished. Not kidding! It would be absolutely Honor! Might even learn something......

Keep me posted. Joe

You're right JT! I called it on the all black model and it looks Killer, But damn Yamaha! Why not in the RTX/LTX LE models ??
Disclaimer.....i said an all white model too, so i only get half credit!
jury is out on the some models will have tight turbo bolts!

Back