• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Legend Trailers

Apexpat

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Apex
I'm purchasing a 7 x 19 Legend trailer in the next week. I have the choice of a single vs double axle. The single axle trailer has a 3500 pound axle and can carry roughly 2000 pounds according to the sales guy. He says more than capable for carrying 2 sleds. I've read the pros and cons of owing both, does anybody have experience with this type of vnose inline trailer. At 19 ft long I just assumed it would be double axle. I know Legend builds a quality trailer either way, just want to make the right purchase. I'll be hauling 2 Yamaha Apex's in it. Appreciate any feedback.

If all you ever carry are sleds, then a single axle 3500# is more than enough for 2 Apex. For a trailer that long, I would definitely opt for the dual axle for better towing stability/safety in poor weather conditions, not to mention resale value. Typically dual axle trailers are equipped with electric brakes, which means some additional maintenance down the road, and your tow vehicle would need to have a brake controller.
The other thing is, a dual axle trailer could require annual safety inspections for the trailer and tow vehicle, at least here in Ontario it does. Not sure what your state requirements are but should check into it.

My fathers is a 14' inline with 5' v in front and dual axle. He refuses to have single axle after seeing what can happen when. Tire blows. If there is damage atleast you can get back home or to shop

Back