• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Let's see something we haven't seen yet!

I think Yamaha have lost many loyal custumors now.

Sounds like you've lost faith in Yamaha!
Yes, yes I have as a Yamaha purist, but as a realist I can see from a business standpoint why they hitched there wagon to Cat. What really ticks me off the most is the comments coming from the upper level management of Yamaha! IE, #1, 5 new models in the next 5 years! Witch I believe you commented on in another post. So ""TECHNICALLY" Yes they did release 5 new models in a round about way! and #2 ""YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET"" Ya' whatever. Quit jerking us around and just admit it. Yamaha is no longer a sled manufacturer but simply an engine supplier to Arctic Cat! So you can now get your Pro-Cross chassis with either a Cat or Yamaha snowflap! Yamaha showed it's hand as far as being a sled manufacturer last year with the release of the Sidewinder and not an all new chassis Apex with a derivative of the 4 cyl. crossplane! I jumped from Cat to Yamaha in 08 and haven't looked back! At the very least I was hoping they would put the 4cyl. in the pro cross chassis and slot it in the 155 to 160 hp. range. A sled like that might of peaked my interest. Oh' well I'll just keep tweaking my Attak!

I think there are some things we have to think about. The Yamaha snowmobile division is going through huge changes. From the tsunami that put them behind the eight ball to moving your head quarters half way around the world, a new partnership that probably saved the snowmobile division to moving production to North America, Yamaha snowmobiles are going through a big change in the way they are designed, marketed and promoted. Will it take some time for them to sort themselves out? Probably. Some of are an impatient lot. We want all new stuff every year. It is fun to see new stuff every year but I think this is going to take some time. Some may say times up. Others will wait.

With the release of the Sidewinder last year, There time was up with me!

There will be no more new model sleds from Japan. If that's what you want, then you probably need to move on.

I
I think there are some things we have to think about. The Yamaha snowmobile division is going through huge changes. From the tsunami that put them behind the eight ball to moving your head quarters half way around the world, a new partnership that probably saved the snowmobile division to moving production to North America, Yamaha snowmobiles are going through a big change in the way they are designed, marketed and promoted. Will it take some time for them to sort themselves out? Probably. Some of are an impatient lot. We want all new stuff every year. It is fun to see new stuff every year but I think this is going to take some time. Some may say times up. Others will wait.
I totally agree ,Like all the other manufactures they can't keep up with everyone's demands of wanting something new and extragant to come out every year,its difficult and costly for them as well,let's be realistic here,winters here in the northeast have not been so great the past few which in turn effects sled sales and leftover models become abundant so why should the manufactures keep pumping out new concepts when there is still a boatload left behind.These companies are not stupid and should not have to pamper these individuals whom are crying.I am sure Yamaha has some aces in the hole about its future machines as well as the other manufactures following suit,but they know the game and how to play it without throwing their cards on the table and calling it quits.Our own military does not release any newfuuristic weapons to the general public in advance otherwise if the did our national security would be in jeopardy.Its called truth,common sense and logic,its all part of business.

I was really hoping for an all new Japan built sled for there 50th, but since that is not if ever meant to be. I'll just keep tweaking my Attak. The last 2 seasons I've ridden 1 full week in each for about 2,600 miles. Do I need a new sled for that amount of riding ""NO". But with 16,400 miles on mine I was thinking of upgrading. The rebadged Cat's, Viper and Sidewider will ride and handle better then my Attak, no arguing that fact! But if I wanted an Arctic Cat I'll buy an Arctic Cat not a rebadged one! So move on you say! To what, Doo or POO!!!! :rofl:""NOT A CHANCE"" I'll stick with old reliable for as long as she runs! ;)!

I'm not really disheartened, I actually like the fact my Viper was built in the USA. I do wish they would take a slightly more hands on approach and use there own ECMs and better quality rubber hoses though. I'm just going through the left over demo 14' Viper I just bought and noticed that most of the rubber hoses pretty low quality and will probably need replacing in 10 years as it looks like the same crappy stuff I've been repairing/replacing on friends/families ~10 year old Cats and Poos. If they do start building an "In House" chassis again, I hope its out of the US ATV plant!

STAIN...Very well said..

I think like stain has said, it will take some time. Major changes right now and like buddy said in the video, "you ain't seen nothin yet" holds true. Once they get situated in TO they'll probably produce something that will shock the Industry!

Guys have we not rehashed this subject enough? I for one am a little tired of all the negativity. This not only reflects poorly on us but our site "totallyamaha". We strive to be above the nonsense of the other groups but are closely walking a line. Just something to think about.

It all depends on how you take it, everybody has different viewpoints and has the right to express their opinions...to me it's just good conversation since winters shot...good to hear what others think.

Back