• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lightening the Apex

mud99

Expert
I thought it would be a good idea to have a sticky thread linking to mods which can lighten up the Apex Mountain - please post any link with mods to make the Apex lighter, along with the estimated weight savings vs stock.

Unsprung Weight Savings (Front):
Timbersled Barkbuster Lightweight Front Suspension (-12 lbs)
NEXTECH Carbon Fiber A-Arms (-11 lbs)

Unsprung Weight Savings (Rear):
Timbersled Suspension (-30 lbs)
NEXTECH Fox Float Rear Conversion (-7 lbs)
Remove Bogey Wheels, Install Scratchers (-3 lbs)
Drill out track (-2 lbs)

Sprung Weight Savings (Front & Rear):
Timbersled Lightweight Drop Bracket (-6.5 lbs)
Under Tunnel Exhaust (-16 lbs)
Lightweight Battery (-6 to -8 lbs)
Throw the awful tunnel rack in the trash (-3 lbs)
Empty the gas tank (-55 lbs)
Boss Highrise Seat (-12 lbs)
Remove pod, install HID lights (-10 lbs)
Radiator & Fan Removal (-3 lbs)
E-Brake Removal (-3 lbs)
Battery Relocation to Seat (-15lbs front ,+9 lbs rear)

LOL....some of the numbers are wrong

Some of the numbers are wrong. The Boss seat compared to stock seat saves more then 6 lbs. (it only weighs 6 lbs) The stock seat weighs around18 lbs. if it has NO water in the foam! It would be better to write, Seat & under tunnel exhaust 28 lbs. ,
Radiator & fan 3lbs ,
E-brake removal 3 lbs. ,
Battery relocation to seat = removes 15 lbs from nose,
;)!

OH....ok

Yeah but some items say -12 lbs like TS front arms and then under tunnel exhaust is listed 6 lbs. this isn't what you loose like the TS arms but what it weighs...does this make sense? So they should ALL read the weight loss number, i.e. boss seat -12lbs, under tunnel exhaust -16lbs., TS a-arms -12lbs. this way other folks who might not know the real weights of these items will not be mislead or misunderstand the numbers we all give. Just want to be sure were clear on oiur weights to the best of our knowledge....no worries. ;)!

We should be using the minus number, not the item weight. I thought we were, so i've updated the list to reflect that.

Mark

Back