• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Limiter strap substitutes

sws564

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper ltx dx
2006 Attak
2009 RS Vector
Has anyone used baler belting material for limiter straps from tractor supply, looks a little thinner.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Why? To save money? Just wondering.

Just don't want to tie the sled up for two weeks waiting for parts. I took the limiters off and they look tired to my unprofessional eye, is this kind of wear normal? The section pictured is the lower end, looks like the lugs on the track were rubbing on it. I would not have a sled if I wanted to "save money", LOL
cc8a5b1f82797c01f1eea1641a831b19.jpg

That's what mine look like on the top. I'd replace them with the correct part though. Any aftermarket replacement out there stronger than the stock stuff?

The top of mine look fine, the bottom though rides between the sprocket lugs on the track, the are very close, wouldn't be surprised if the new ones hit it until it wears them in, kind of a strange setup if you ask me.

I've used a round baler belt with no issues. It lasted longer than the Yamaha ones did on my last Yamaha.

Just don't want to tie the sled up for two weeks waiting for parts. I took the limiters off and they look tired to my unprofessional eye, is this kind of wear normal? The section pictured is the lower end, looks like the lugs on the track were rubbing on it. I would not have a sled if I wanted to "save money", LOL
cc8a5b1f82797c01f1eea1641a831b19.jpg

Back from being sick......I was just CURIOUS really. I get your comment about saving money but it still amazes me what I see people trying to do to their sleds to save money.

Yes, I always make my own from belting material. Same as Yamaha uses only I use a stronger belt and make them wider. This product has may uses including baler belting and snowmobile limiter straps. It is a commodity product.

Yes, I always make my own from belting material. Same as Yamaha uses only I use a stronger belt and make them wider. This product has may uses including baler belting and snowmobile limiter straps. It is a commodity product.
Where do you buy the material?

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

Online or any farm oriented store like Tractor Supply. I just get it in a roll online.

Thanks Ding, I looked at what Tractor supply had, it was thinner and wasn't sure if it would hold up....

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

Here is a pic of mine made from belting material . . . Since then I added another layer as I don't want them coming apart.

New Limiters.jpeg

Just ask your neighbour farmer if he has a broken one kicking around.
Worked for me.

Back