• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Locating accessory plug wire for 12v #*$&@. Plug

QuinnS

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Phazer FX
Hey guys I'm trying to install a Yamaha 12 V accessory plug on my Phazer but I cannot seem to find the wire underneath the hood to plug it in to.
Do Phazers have an open accessory plug to attach to or do I have to start cutting and soldering wires.
I don't want to go directly to the battery I would like to be able to use the factory plugs Yamaha provides.
I searched on the forums and found some guys who did it, but couldn't find the wire they actually plugged in the accessory into.

Just put one on the wife's 09 Phazer a few weeks ago. Got it off a 06 Apex we junked at work. It is plug and play. Look for the harness on the left side of the sled behind the plastic. What threw me off is that Yamaha actually puts the other end of the connector into the wire harness end with 2 rubber plugs in it. Not sure if this makes sense the way that I am typing it though.

Just put one on the wife's 09 Phazer a few weeks ago. Got it off a 06 Apex we junked at work. It is plug and play. Look for the harness on the left side of the sled behind the plastic. What threw me off is that Yamaha actually puts the other end of the connector into the wire harness end with 2 rubber plugs in it. Not sure if this makes sense the way that I am typing it though.

I had the plastic off and was looking at all the wires/harness but they were all in use, except one wrapped in electrical tape with a plastic cover but it's a different style of connection.
I'll take a picture tmrw of what I have to work with.

X2 on this. Yamaha provides bothe the male and female ends on the plug on the sleds. You can either unplug the non wired half and plug in something like the 12v acc. Plug or use the it to hard wire in some other type of accessory like a gps or ridelite

Here is the pic of the wires guys, I have no clue which one to plug the accessory 12v to

Attachments

• IMG_0522.JPG
    IMG_0522.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 292
Looks like there is something already wired into it already. Do you have a heated shield plug by chance. It is the one in the middle of the photo with the black and red wire coming out of it.

I can't believe I didn't see it, a shield heater tucked into my handle bar pad! I've had this sled for over a year and never saw it! I'll get rid of that and plug in the 12v.
Thanks a ton! Great forum!

Back