• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Long time Yamaha guy from MinneSNOWta

Carbide

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'15 Apex X-TX -SOLD
'21 Sidewinder L-TX SE
Hello folks.
I've had just about every motorized 2 and 4 wheeled toy Yamaha has made.
Many R1s, R6s, FZ1, YZs, V-Max, Banshees, Warrior, Waverunner, Grizzly, Bruin...to name a few.

As far as sleds go, I've done the Polaris thing to death. Last one was a 2004 XC800SP.
I'm done with the 2 stroke thing.
Been a fan of the 4 stroke platform since the start, when Yamaha first put out the teaser audio of the first RX1 ripping by.

Been looking at a few Apex' now. Great time of the year to buy, especially with the low snow coverage we had this season.

Looking at a few '07+ examples. Hoping to find one soon.

Just thought I'd say hi and thank you all for the great info I've gathered from the forum in my research.

Welcome, the Apex is the sled for trails with POWER all day long and no boost. Enjoy the site. Great for those who think sleds ALL THE TIME. Yamadoo

Thanks guys.
Lol...I'm already getting the expected "why would you want one of those heavy pigs?"

If I really cared what people thought about what I bought, I wouldn't have many of my toys!

I did text this nugget from Snow Tech magazine circa 2007.

Riders are starting to appreciate the fuel economy, smooth operation, wide powerbands, lack of injection oil (cost and smell) and the all-around consistency of the turn-key operation.
And how about that weight thing? Consider this; take the big iron from everyone, an Apex, a Mach Z, Fusion 900, ZR 900, equip similarly, fill with gas and oil and they all pretty much weigh the same. Yep. At least when you add the features to the 2-strokes that come standard on the 4-strokes, like electric start.
Point is, in this class, weight is no longer a disadvantage. Sure, compared to 2-stroke small-block twins (600s and 700s) it’s a different story, but up here in big-power land the issue is moot.

Welcome to the site Carbide from a fellow member from MinneSNOWta. You're on the right track considering an Apex for your next sled.

Like you mentioned this site is a great place to get all the info that you'll ever need. Let's hope that you'll be enjoying next winter on your new ride and that Mother Nature finally gets her act together once and for all and gives us plenty of snow for a long and snowy winter.

Back