• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking at a viper

Carla 123

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 viper xtx boosted
17 zr9000 precision stage 3
New here and getting away from 2 stroke sleds,looking at a viper,this one is a 2014 boosted with a updated mpi turbo,it has a larger intercooler,dual port waste gate,updated coolant plumbing and a high flow blow off valve,this is all new to me ,my question is would this be a reliable trail sled,it has a 141 track,any issues with the 2014 boosted engines,he wants 9 thousand cad,any help would be appreciated,thanks

Well if it has all of that it cost over $20000 to build it if it does not have 20000 miles on it that is a deal the 141" xtx is uncoupled rear and needs a few things to be a try trail burner but is easy to do. I am not sure what larger intercooler it has or what a dual port waste gate is you would have to call MPI on that.

If no head shim or timing changes you are still limited to under 7#'s of boost and if no fuel injector or fuel pump changes probably closer to 6#'s on pump gas. Should be close to 200 HP sled.

Yup that is pretty much what I am running I just never heard of an upgraded intercooler and the dual port waste gate is just called the quick spool Looks like a great deal and at 3200 km that is just broke in.

I noticed you have updated rods,have heard that is a must on these?going to phone him tonight and get all the details,thanks for responses

Yup I blew the 14 up at 565 miles and had to rebuild it. I put the rods in with low compression pistons. That sled is now pushing 20#'s of boost at close to 360 hp for racing. My 15 just blew a head gasket running at 7#'s of boost at about the same mileage but it now has arp head studs and just did 370 miles a week ago at 10.5#'s of boost. The rod issue is only on the 16's

Back