• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for performance upgrade, 2010 nytro

Tom Hearn

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 nytro
What looking to squeeze a few more ponies out of my nytro, and aside from turbo or super chargers what's kinda upgrades are recommended, planning on a barker pipe but haven't really looked much further than that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barker pipe is a nice upgrade!

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Barker pipe is a nice upgrade!

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

It says a good hp gain but do I have to get the ecm flashed for the pipe to make the hp? I'm new to the nytro but have an R1 and when it went to a yosh pipe it recommended an ecm flash

Didn't get ECM flash but do run a power commander to manage low end lean running.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Ulmer K&N intake kit, PCV, and an exhaust along with clutching makes a pretty good difference, about the best you can get without going forced induction.

What looking to squeeze a few more ponies out of my nytro, and aside from turbo or super chargers what's kinda upgrades are recommended, planning on a barker pipe but haven't really looked much further than that

get the hurricane performance package i heard nothing but good thing about it come with full exhaust mod air box and power commander with map its make that motor pull way harder most guy gain around 10 mph and a lot of trottle response from what i could read

Hurricane kit is money well spent. 18 hp gain, fuel economy is as good as stock and runs on 87 octane, losses about 13 lbs off the rear, no exhaust donuts to worry about and pulls hard from 0-100 mph with proper clutching ( I recommend Drag n Flys with Turks black spring set up).

Barkers exhaust is nothing but loud...and anyone who believes their 12 hp gain is sadly mistaken. Slip ons are proven to make 2-4 hp across the board. Been there and done that

My buddy did the hurricane full upgrade this year with Dave's clutch kit as well. It really walks away from a stock nytro on top end and clutching is much better than stock.

This all depends on how much you intend on spending. I put the Schmidt Bros stage 2 clutch kit on and though it isn't a power upgrade it sure felt like it over stock. However when it comes time for power upgrade for me from all that I have read there is no better HP for your dollar than the full Hindle System. Barker is located over by me and I ran a guy on the lake when I got my nytro stock to stock and he was the same size as me. only difference was he had the barker on his and I got him by half a sled 6 times in a row. All he got was a headache there is no way that the barker is any HP gain. Just weight loss and db gain.

This all depends on how much you intend on spending. I put the Schmidt Bros stage 2 clutch kit on and though it isn't a power upgrade it sure felt like it over stock. However when it comes time for power upgrade for me from all that I have read there is no better HP for your dollar than the full Hindle System. Barker is located over by me and I ran a guy on the lake when I got my nytro stock to stock and he was the same size as me. only difference was he had the barker on his and I got him by half a sled 6 times in a row. All he got was a headache there is no way that the barker is any HP gain. Just weight loss and db gain.

Well no doubt if your talking a full hindle system over a slip on barker, that's where the biggest gain would Be I'm guessing is the header pipe, as I said I'm new to the nytro but I know when talking bikes a full system will always get more power than a slip on pipe

Hurricane kit with clutching all the way! Best upgrade other than forcing in the air!

What's the cost? Looking to do a few upgrades while I'm down for the season, I'm actually at looking at picking up a second nytro, same year but the 144" with 3,200 kms that will be my guinea pig me thinks

What's the cost? Looking to do a few upgrades while I'm down for the season, I'm actually at looking at picking up a second nytro, same year but the 144" with 3,200 kms that will be my guinea pig me thinks

Hurricane Hindle Power Upgrade for the Nytro goes for 1050 $ usd and the clutch package goes for 500$ usd

Back