• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for performance upgrade, 2010 nytro

Exhaust2.jpg
Carbon Fiber tips

IMG_7918.JPG
IMG_7922.JPG
IMG_7916.JPG
Ahhhh gotcha gotcha
Because MBRP does offer 2 different mufflers, the "trail can" I ordered was supposed to be the quieter 2.
GYTR you're the 3rd person to say that about the LinQ, but until I see it for myself I just cannot picture why those top mounted brackets won't work.
I meant to pop on off my 2016 1200 yesterday while I was at the shop with kiddos, but then I remembered my 1200 is still sitting at the dang dealer!
I guess I shoulda checked that new 600ACE I just put up on the rack to see if it has LinQ brackets I coulda robbed for a test fit

This is on the full Hindle kit offered by Hurricane Performance. A mounting adapter plate must be made because of the tunnel taper.

Nice I figured it could be done somehow & now I see how :)
Surprised how much room it takes up on the tunnel though!
But now that I see it I won't be doing it due to exhaust outlet.

Nobody makes an elbow that works with this setup. I had to make my own that is suspended around the tip of the Hindle pipe that is connected to the heat shielding for support. Any aftermarket elbow that fit the pipe stuck out the back way to far still making it impossible. It's actually an exhaust elbow cut off of a tractor that I had to re-work.

What looking to squeeze a few more ponies out of my nytro, and aside from turbo or super chargers what's kinda upgrades are recommended, planning on a barker pipe but haven't really looked much further than that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Header pipe , K&N filters , and fuel programmer . don`t gain much with just putting a new noise maker on it ,. need to get the header and filters, stock muffler is ok unless you want to make more noise ,lol, save some weight with aftermarket muffler also.
if your a trail rider you`ll get tired of the noise after a couple of 200 mile days . overall tho these 3 items will get you what you want for a reasonable price , watch the classifieds , see this stuff come for sale quite often lately .

Header pipe , K&N filters , and fuel programmer . don`t gain much with just putting a new noise maker on it ,. need to get the header and filters, stock muffler is ok unless you want to make more noise ,lol, save some weight with aftermarket muffler also.
if your a trail rider you`ll get tired of the noise after a couple of 200 mile days . overall tho these 3 items will get you what you want for a reasonable price , watch the classifieds , see this stuff come for sale quite often lately .

I have a mbrp standard can on my rtx, I think I'm going to do the hurricane upgrade, but I would prefer a louder muffler that the quiet hindle that it comes with

the header pipe and filters will be where you make the extra power , but then need the fuel programmer and clutching to make the most out of it . Good luck , looks like you`ll have a few months to play with it now . no matter who`s system you go with be sure to check the header pipe each year , they all tend to develop cracking at the collector (pretty harsh environment under there )

the header pipe and filters will be where you make the extra power , but then need the fuel programmer and clutching to make the most out of it . Good luck , looks like you`ll have a few months to play with it now . no matter who`s system you go with be sure to check the header pipe each year , they all tend to develop cracking at the collector (pretty harsh environment under there )

I actually got a second, I bought a 2009 xtx I think I'm going to make the upgrades too, needs a few parts to make mint ( hood bumper) and I'm going to do the upgrades to that, going to polish up the tunnel.
The rtx is going to be my gf, sled
79bdff804543c2f42b6e88b596ddeb81.jpg

Tom I'm also going with the hurricane kit, I've heard nothing but great things about the kit and Daves work...
I did just over 7000km this winter, one northern Ontario trip was 2300km in 5 days with lots of smiles, I love my nytro but would like a bit more punch...
Congrats on your sleds..

I already have the exhaust....I think. I have an MBRP trail can & mid-pipe, but I didn't specifically see a 'header' available.
Are there more pieces to this exhaust & I'm missing something or is the mid-pipe referred to as a header?

On my 1200 I have an SPI header & muffler.
I didn't see a 'header' from MBRP for the Nytro...

Also what exactly do you do for secondary clutching?
I obviously have a PB80 for it already, but who's making good secondary kits?
Do I even need to do anything to the secondary?

We weren't going to chip it, but depending on cost I'm sure that's a good option to take advantage of other upgrades.

Last edited:

Back