• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for some insight

bristow440x

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Looking
Currently riding an 04 rev 440/700 and while I love the 2 strokes, the cost to run one is starting to get outrageous. Almost $400 in oil alone this year, I think its time for a change. I've decided to look into a nytro xtx for the following season and was looking to fet some feedback. My riding style has changed a lot since I purchased the sled last summer. I thought I'd be doing more ditch banging and stuff, but found myself riding a lot more trails.

I love wheelies, but they get boring after a while. I know unless I sink some serious coin into an xtx it won't wheelie, which I'm fine with. Looking for some info from you guys on these sleds. I'm not one to complain about weight because at the end.of the day, they still all weigh a gazillion pounds. Any info you can provide on this sled would be greatly appreciated. May I add, ive been running a 1.75" track the last 5 years and won't run anything but that. Ill do a track swap if needed. Cheers fellas

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

While I am no help on the xtx I can tell you this. I came off a 04 440/800 ho rev to my 09 nytro rtx and I have saved a boat load of money in gas and oil and even more in repairs. You will not be sorry at all with the nytro. There are some things you might want to do to help it to handle more like the rev but that is all. And the motor is addictive.

Who says an xtx can't wheelie? Max transfer with limiter at full i can wheelie all day long!
Really? Haven't seen too many people able to do it without a big honkin turbo on it lol.

I think the reason you don't see many able to do it is because setting your suspension up to wheelie isn't necessarily the best set up for actual riding. But yes with the control rods set to full transfer and the limiter out it will for sure pull up the skis.

Thats cool, be fun for those warmer days to just play around in. Do the xtx come with fully adjustable clickers in the rear?

Not sure about all years/models but mine is 2009 and the middle shock (front of rear suspension) has a compression clicker.

Wife loves her XTX for bridging bumps, I'm on an RTX and don't really mind them- we have 2 totally different set ups but they are a fun ride.
Maintained, changed some things and had no issues in 3 years.
Good luck in your search.

I've logged more than 20,000 miles on 4 Nytro XTXs. Very reliable fun sleds. Have several friends that ride them. All are very happy with them.

Seems to be a lot of mods for these sleds, which I like simply because I can slowly build and not worry about popping an engine

How are the shocks on the xtx? They able to handle some rough terrain or should they be upgraded? (Fronts and rears)

The shocks are very capable in rough trail conditions with the gytrs up front. I would recommend star linkage kit and revalve for your weight and riding style for the skid shocks. Awesome upgrade. Nytro love the rough stuff. Cheers

Love my nytro. I have an MTX which really isn't much longer then the XTX. There are endless mods for these sleds to help performance, handling, looks, etc. With the right clutch setup these sleds pull hard and keep pulling. I have a short lug track so I can trail ride mine also and I will tell you with the right setup it will ride better then any Rev out there. I have first hand experience with that as I rode my nytro for 100 miles and switch and rode the GF's Rev for the last 100 miles and we both thought my nytro destroyed the Rev on handling. I always have a smile on my face when I ride it. I have not had any problems with it except for putting a rock through the cooler which happened when I was in the back country. Other then that I have 1500 trouble free miles(Bought sled with 1700 miles). If you do regular oil changes every year and grease it up these sleds will last you a long time. Have Fun!

The shocks are very capable in rough trail conditions with the gytrs up front. I would recommend star linkage kit and revalve for your weight and riding style for the skid shocks. Awesome upgrade. Nytro love the rough stuff. Cheers
I was poking around at star suspension and that linkage kit are those two rods the rear shock sits between correct? I'm assuming that's a must upgrade?

Back