1. PLEASE READ: If you have problems logging in with your old password, click the Forgot Password link in the log in screen to get an email verification to request a new password or click Here. If you haven't received a new password from the forum please email your username and password to webmaster@totallyamaha.com. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All hotmail, msn, outlook, live email accounts are not receiving email notifications. The only way to remedy this is to add @totallyamaha.com to your safe senders list in order to receive notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Loose terminals on battery

Discussion in 'SideWinder Trail Talk' started by Sidewinder146, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Sidewinder146

Sidewinder146 Newbie

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    2017 Yamaha sidewinder
    I have 500 miles on my sled and this morning it would not start. I removed the seat to find the positive terminal bolt was completely out and the negative terminal and solenoid nuts were also loose. Make sure you check yours!!

3. badams262

badams262 Extreme

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2015 Viper LTX-DX

2008 Phazer GT 128" track 10,444 miles (sold)
    2008 Nytro RTX 136" 3800 miles (sold)
    Happened to me on my Viper last weekend! I need to modify that seat for easier access in case this happens again.

Sidewinder146 likes this.
  4. cannondale27

cannondale27 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Vendor Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

Use Loctite on the bolt. Wont happen again.

5. Good times

Good times Newbie

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    Sidewinder RTX-SE
    Buy the aluminum seat bolt that does not require tools to remove

badams262, Sidewinder146 and SRX Boy like this.
  6. AXR

AXR TY 4 Stroke Junkie

USA
    Snowmobile:
    Current: 2017 SideWinder L-TX LE

Past: 2015 Sr Viper R-TX SE, 2008 Apex RTX, 2002 Sx Viper, 1997 XTC 600, 1991 Doo Formula Plus.
  7. waldo1

waldo1 Pro

loctite on the battery bolts ---- seriously? just tighten em - with a socket or a wrench - not a screwdriver - the dealer installs battery - thats a dealer issue - they also install shocks and skis and tighten bars on top and bottom. mine were all a bit loose but i like my shit tight....

8. Dealerjohn

Dealerjohn Expert

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    2015 MTX Viper, XTX Viper, 2001 SRX 700
    I just took the bolt out and left it out.. Never had a problem with it like that... Actually I lost it but whatever. lol I did a lot of rough trail stand up riding too!!

9. waldo1

waldo1 Pro

if u get in a roll over situation - seat will fall off - put the screw in - its a standard metric screw

10. XP123

XP123 Extreme

USA
    Snowmobile:
    Sidewinder XTX LE 137
    You guys are making me paranoid. I checked my battery bolts, fuel rail bolts, rollers, turbo bolts, exhaust bolts, turbo clamps and everything else mentioned on these forums and everything is the way it should be. I love all the info sharing but man I could see how some guys can't sleep at night just thinking about all the issues.

11. Dealerjohn

Dealerjohn Expert

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    2015 MTX Viper, XTX Viper, 2001 SRX 700
    If my sled rolls, we will have bigger problems than my seat coming off. I have to trickle charge my battery much more than I roll my sled, so it'll be staying out.

12. Yamadog

Yamadog Lifetime Member Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

I have not run the seat bolt since 2013 and have rolled many times and never lost the seat.