• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Loss of Power

dragerman

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 VK Pro
2011 VK 540III
I have a 2014 VK Pro and was on the lake lots of snow and slush and had a sleigh hooked up full throttle and lost a bit of power. I let up a bit and fine went to full throttle again did same thing so I let up again and it went away. Went to full throttle again and the machine lost all power came to a stop and shut itself off. I waited 30 sec fired up and made it home. What's going on here anyone have this issue before?? No codes were on the dash all fluid levels are good.

fuel starvation maybe? how do the filters look in the tank?

Not sure about filters but I did have less than 1/4 tank of fuel when it happened. How do I check the filters in the tank??

if it is a carbed sled, you use a peice of wire to fish them out of the fuel filler cap. might be time for a new set.

Was it a relative warm day? Because your sled has heated carbs and it uses the coolant to heat them! The. Fact that you had it full throttle and hauling a sleigh thru heavy slush made the fuel vaporize in the carbs causing it to cut out. Next time turn off the heated carbs when you are working th sled in warmer Temps. The shutoff is on the left mounted on the delta box frame! Don't forget to turn them back on for colder Temps. Owners manual states the temperature to turn off and on! Cheers!

Was it a relative warm day? Because your sled has heated carbs and it uses the coolant to heat them! The. Fact that you had it full throttle and hauling a sleigh thru heavy slush made the fuel vaporize in the carbs causing it to cut out. Next time turn off the heated carbs when you are working th sled in warmer Temps. The shutoff is on the left mounted on the delta box frame! Don't forget to turn them back on for colder Temps. Owners manual states the temperature to turn off and on! Cheers!
The temp that day was 0c so I made sure that I removed the baffle on the inside of the hood for better air flow and my heated carbs were in the off position.

Back