• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LTX-LE after break in ride.

Motorhead

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 SW LTX-LE
Well finally got past that break in mileage.
With that said I also changed track to the Ice Attak 1.22 and changed my oil during that job. Also had previously changed my skis to curves and SJ.
Now to the good stuff! Found our favorite trail which is a long wide well groomed trail with a slight downhill slope. 40 ish, packed trail with about 1 - 2" of meal. Got to see 120(speedo) for first time but that was all it had I think. Too much to look at during that run. I did not check Rpms but did on other runs during our ride. Sometimes 8750, other times 8400 and climb to 8600. Conditions change a lot during the day but I think a bit more is needed!! Shall give it another ride before I tweak the secondary. No flat spots, no loose bolts, chaincase looked OK, no metal or leaks. Lucky for now I guess..

Last edited:

Well finally got past that break in mileage.
With that said I also changed track to the Ice Attak 1.22 and changed my oil during that job. Also had previously changed my skis to curves and SJ.
Now to the good stuff! Found our favorite trail which is a long wide well groomed trail with a slight downhill slope. 40 ish, packed trail with about 1 - 2" of meal. Got to see 120(speedo) for first time but that was all it had I think. Too much to look at during that run. I did not check Rpms but did on other runs during our ride. Sometimes 8750, other times 8400 and climb to 8600. Conditions change a lot during the day but I think a bit more is needed!! Shall give it another ride before I tweak the secondary. No flat spots, no loose bolts, chaincase looked OK, no metal or leaks. Lucky for now I guess..
Hey let me know if your studs scratch the outside edges of the tunnel protector. I have a few hundred on mine and they just scratch a very small section on the very outside.

Shall bring the sled in garage and give it a look by end of week, so will do.

Buddy has same track on his Apex for past 2 years and we were comparing studs from his to my brand new.

His stuck out more as if the rubber wore a bit thus exposing more stud. After today's ride we were loading sleds and chuckled, because mine are like his after 1 ride. They must pull out a bit after let's call it setting in. When new, the studs main body is even with rubber, after first ride they now stick out extra 1/16-1/8".

Hey let me know if your studs scratch the outside edges of the tunnel protector. I have a few hundred on mine and they just scratch a very small section on the very outside.

Just checked and yes, just scratches on the outside edges on my first 100 miles. Very outside edge only!!

Is there a break in mileage? Thought these yammie were good too go from 0 miles? These sleds should do 120 with the power they have. I'm coming off a 15 renegade x that would do 117-118mph gps . So hoping I haven't made a mistake going with this sw. Like the power it has

Well the owners manual states something like under 6800 rpms for the first 150 miles, under 8000 until 300.

Wow you should have kept that baby it sounded exceptional!!

120 on speedo in right conditions only, is what I am finding right now. My speedo per phone gps, is off by almost 4.

Very strong low and midrange on these. Nothing stock will run with these, but as always there are plenty of modded sleds that will do much more. Been there..

Ya I find mine very strong in the bottom n mid range. And incredibly smooth for that kind of power. Ya I really enjoyed my etec but knew it was a sled I didn't wanna own outta warranty n with new 850 coming wanted too get what I could for it. But now seeing what the 850's do n hearing what the sw dies I'm thinking I've made a oops. Oh well I'll try n make the sw dance without any tunes or flashes. It has enough power too break 120 I'm sure n hope lol

Its all in the gearing...if you want 120 in great conditions without tuning or exhaust, Spend the $30 on a 22T top sprocket.

I was thinking that was gonna be the start, the 1.95 gear ratio stinks for top end. It's also part of why they feel so impressive in the bottom n mid. I think the 22 will be the ticket just need too get my hands on one.

I tune 2 of my z1's and was fun but expensive and voided all warranty. So keeping this one stock n will enjoy what it can do. Didn't pay 19k too distroy the sled lol.

I know all the shops have came to along way since I had the z1 turbo. N the new yammie engine is so much better built n researched compared too the Suzuki. I'm just gonna sit back and watch. Very impressive too all the shops n tuners though

I was thinking that was gonna be the start, the 1.95 gear ratio stinks for top end. It's also part of why they feel so impressive in the bottom n mid. I think the 22 will be the ticket just need too get my hands on one.

Cat Part Number: 1702-395
SPROCKET,BW-22T REV 15W-W/BRG ASSY $27.95

I paid $19K to destroy other sleds :die

Thanks 1100Saber! I'll get that gear tomorrow. Do you mind me asking what mods have you done? I'm sure you have mentioned on here just haven't Seen yet

Is there a break in mileage? Thought these yammie were good too go from 0 miles? These sleds should do 120 with the power they have. I'm coming off a 15 renegade x that would do 117-118mph gps . So hoping I haven't made a mistake going with this sw. Like the power it has

So it's your opinion your renegade 800etec is faster than the Sidewinder?

Better stop at your dealer and get it checked out. Something is wrong.....

I don't have a top speed for my sw yet lakes aren't good here yet n lack of snow with the crap weather lately. But from what I hear on here the stock sw is a 108 to 111 real mph sled from factory. The odd one has seen mid teens but anything more has been modified as in tunes/flashes.

Back