• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LTX-LE Break in time, top speed and top RPM

lhdriller

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
03 Viper
2017 LTX-LE
Hi Guys, Looking to see how many Km's/Miles before the break in process is complete and top speed can be expected. I've got 300kms on now and top RPM seems to be 8500, I've hit 175km/hr or 108mph. I've been beaten by an Apex and Polaris 800 on top end so hoping that it will continue to improve.I find I could use a little more lug on the track in powder. I was thinking on putting on 1.75" track and wider skis.

Any comments or different setups?

1050 miles new belt and cat rollers and on hard pack/ice trail it just hits a wall at 110. I have heard this from a few I talked to this weekend. I've seen max rpm of 9200-9350. Needs gear I think

I hit 114 mph on gps and was still accelerating. Turning 8700. Beats every 800 I've raced.

Exactly what happened to me. I hit the 500 miles and said finally. So it went to 108 and pop. Now it's eating belts like a fat kid eats cake in a cake factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something wrong. I have about 550 miles on the original belt. Ran 127mph twice, and 129mph gps this weekend...and belt still good.

Last edited:
Something wrong. I have about 550 miles on the original belt. Ran 127 twice, and 129 gps this weekend...and belt still good.

It's going in. Needs something adjusted. Sure it's nothing serious I'm just on a pack pack trip in the U.P. So when we get home and I just stay out of the throttle for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man I hope this belt blowing is not an issue. I just sold my Cat F1100 Turbo because it ate belts to get the Sidewinder.

Thought the yammie clutch system was supposed to be improved over the cats??? I only have 45 miles on my sidewinder so belt still good. I'm not liking all the problems I'm hearing about these winders

You guys are having roller and spring binding issues,by the sound of it,look at the 3 rollers on your secondary helix,see if any of them have flat spots on any of them,than take your secondary apart and check for paint rubbed off on the wire of the torsion spring,if it has paint removed,it may be binding. if your rpms are spiking to 9200-9300 you are binding,and building rpms,and may blow your belt if you do not cure this problem,also look at both clutches,see if there are belt marks on either one or both,where it is slipping,remove your belt inspect it,mark your primary clutch to see how far it shifts out under full throttle runs of at least 1000-2000 feet,by than you should be topped out,and stop check clutches for excessive heat,and belt,you should be able to hold your hand on both clutch faces if working correctly,and even belt,if they are smoking hot,you have issues,take to dealer.

Back