• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LTX-LE Break in time, top speed and top RPM

Take it to the dealer? With a stage 4 kit lol like they're gonna warranty that ! :sled1:

Take it to the dealer? With a stage 4 kit lol like they're gonna warranty that ! :sled1:

Directed at me? I have no need to take to my sled to dealer. Sleds running flawless.

Hi Guys, Looking to see how many Km's/Miles before the break in process is complete and top speed can be expected. I've got 300kms on now and top RPM seems to be 8500, I've hit 175km/hr or 108mph. I've been beaten by an Apex and Polaris 800 on top end so hoping that it will continue to improve.I find I could use a little more lug on the track in powder. I was thinking on putting on 1.75" track and wider skis.

Any comments or different setups?
My sons bone stock LTX-SE with 144 studs only,just ran 123 and 122 speedo up in rangley last sat. on very hard trails,and they were overheating from not kicking up enough snow,his sled now has 300 miles,and it runs right to 8700-8800 and holds that rpm,and gets there quick,rollers still all good.

Why is it that the sleds that seem to be running fast are the LTX SE's? I haven't heard of many bone stock LE's that aren't having clutching issues or putting up big speeds. Maybe it's just perception....more SE's out there it seems. very popular color scheme.

On my LTX LE w/144 1.45 golddiggers and stock clutching, cat rollers, 64 miles on sled hit 116 on speedo a couple of runs. Added 48 more to outside windows for better traction and speed seem to come down a little but conditions changed too.

Why is it that the sleds that seem to be running fast are the LTX SE's? I haven't heard of many bone stock LE's that aren't having clutching issues or putting up big speeds. Maybe it's just perception....more SE's out there it seems. very popular color scheme.

Only 330 miles on my LTX-LE, kept it under 6800 for most of first 150 miles but did have to let it run to 100 a couple of times. Managed to keep it under 8000 for rest of the remaining miles with exception to some short bursts. Let up at 110 a bunch of times and did get 114 once with what felt like quite a bit left. Trails were very fast and icy and I am without studs and with those stock skis it was jittery handling. I now have curves and will be installing a pre-studded track this week once it arrives. The curves made a big difference as will the new track, and now that I have the 330 on it I hope to see some 120's. No flat spots yet but have not let it stretch it's legs yet either.

Do not believe any stock sled will hang with this. Have had faster but not stock, and this LE takes the bumps reallly nice. It shines in many areas, just hope it doesn't blow belts! LE cost was quite a bit more so yeah there may be more SE's. They are all lookers huh?

Oh almost forgot rpms, in the fluff out of hole it goes to 8750 and stays. Hard pack 8750 and falls off a bit. May climb back up when I finally hold it . Shall find out for sure...

Around 600 miles over the weekend I hit 119 on speedo with 192 studs. LTX le all stock but cat secondary rollers

550 miles on LTX-LE, Stock except for Ice Attack XT, mid height windshield. It is incredibly quick 30 to 90, sneaky fast on the trail. Top speed today though was 101 GPS / 105 Speedo. 35* on soft groomed trail 41 out of Shingleton. Wife's 16 Apex XTX with 600 miles, 102 Woodys 1.325 gold, hit 101 on speedo. Just completed initial break in service at Meyer's in Ishpeming, turbo bolts all tight, rollers all good, original belt.

Not trying to talk smack about our new sleds but my 2012 apex se will beat my sidewinder flat out every time, especially on top... My 2012 apex se is a factory freak 119 gps and I can't get over 109 on my ltx se. Over 800 miles and can't get over 8500 rpm either... but I still love the sled.

My BTX broke the 500 mile mark today and when it did it was like you flipped a switch.
Seemed like it gained 50 HP and gained 10 MPH top end!

Back