• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LTX-LE Break in time, top speed and top RPM

My 137 se hit 117 GPS. Yesterday I seen 121 on the speedo but no GPS speed. I'm trying to post a pic but it say file to large. I have 192 1.450 woody gold diggers

Last edited:
Not trying to talk smack about our new sleds but my 2012 apex se will beat my sidewinder flat out every time, especially on top... My 2012 apex se is a factory freak 119 gps and I can't get over 109 on my ltx se. Over 800 miles and can't get over 8500 rpm either... but I still love the sled.
If your running that much faster in the same conditions with your Apex there is definitely something wrong with your winder. Could be a boost leak....Have you checked your charge tubes for a loose clamp? Checked your clutch for belt slippage?

Last edited:
Why is it that the sleds that seem to be running fast are the LTX SE's? I haven't heard of many bone stock LE's that aren't having clutching issues or putting up big speeds. Maybe it's just perception....more SE's out there it seems. very popular color scheme.
I'm guessing that the sleds running closer to 110 GPS are probably still using the stock suspension settings.

^^^^ I was thinking that lakercr.
I guess it's the pessimist in me, thinking there are some dogs out there for one reason or another!

what are guys going to with gears who run over 123 ish where stock gears end.....??

22 on top would be good for 129 or so in theory, but not sure it would fit with stock chain? Maybe after 500 miles of stretch?

Or what about bottom gears? what is available? 39 give about same theoretical speed of 129 ish.

Id like to know what gears guys are trying and what is available.

thx

Conditions were a little better this morning, cooler, fresh hard groomed trail on a road. Was able to get 110 on GPS / 115 on speedo.

what are guys going to with gears who run over 123 ish where stock gears end.....??

22 on top would be good for 129 or so in theory, but not sure it would fit with stock chain? Maybe after 500 miles of stretch?

Or what about bottom gears? what is available? 39 give about same theoretical speed of 129 ish.

thx
Dan,taylor 22 top gear 200 bucks,works with stock chain,ulmer 21/37 new bottom gear and chain,price??

thx

I have been up to 129 gps on the stock gears. This on plowed ice. That is really the absolute end of stock gearing. So clutches were shifting completely out. And still original belt. About 650 miles now...and although I don't go beating on it looking to try and blow a belt...I don't take it easy either.

Last edited:
I have been up to 129 gps on the stock gears. This on plowed ice. That is really the absolute end of stock gearing. So clutches were shifting completely out. And still original belt. About 650 miles now...and although I don't go beating on it looking to try and blow a belt...I don't take it easy either.
Wow that is interesting....what rpms?

on the calculator I was coming up with 121 or so at .90 OD and 8700....

so for 129 you are around .85 OD and 8800 rpms....nice!

This is good to know for future reference of what gears I will choose.

Did you not see any secondary coil bind or slippage at such an OD? any clutch work or stock?

thanks bud!
Dan
SW speed 1.jpg
SW speed 2.jpg

Wow that is interesting....what rpms?

on the calculator I was coming up with 121 or so at .90 OD and 8700....

so for 129 you are around .85 OD and 8800 rpms....nice!

This is good to know for future reference of what gears I will choose.

Did you not see any secondary coil bind or slippage at such an OD? any clutch work or stock?

thanks bud!
DanView attachment 125547 View attachment 125548
Dan where did you find this calculator

Back