• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

M20 AIRWAVE BOOSTER Thread

I took 85 through Fort Kent, heading west towards 92 and the Alagash. In town Fort Kent was a little rough. 92 into the Alagash was even more rough. I stopped and put more air in the front and rear shock. (As a side note I would like to say it totally sucks crawling under a dripping, snow covered sled to change front shock air pressure. Compressor is needed!)
I Hammered the Warrior over the chop, the moguls, through it all. The M20 ate it up. The Ohlins up front did well to, although towards the end of the day I could feel them fading a bit. I'll have them refreshed before next season.

Nice place to pull over for suspension adjustment
2017-04-03 09.39.57.jpg

Frigging snow is deep!
2017-04-03 09.39.27.jpg

The Alagash is beautiful country. I'm really glad I got to see it. I didn't see or hear another sled for hours....at least not in one piece.

As I said, 92 was Not groomed and pretty rough. Someone learned that the hard way.
2017-04-03 09.40.54.jpg

I followed 92 until the inersection of 120.
Some Pond I forgot the name of towards the end of 92
2017-04-03 10.15.07.jpg

It's a good idea to keep your eyes peeled for 120 (follow the hot dog) because if you miss it 92 will take you to Canada, no gas!

When I got on 120 in Deblois area it was Heaven! I would say not many people had been riding this stretch because of the rough trail in the Alagash you need to ride through to get to it. The trail was wide, flat and fast; and I had it all to my self! I rode 120 to 85 and needed gas by then. I decided to head North towards Eagle Lake for fuel. The trail was great and uncrowded!
After fueling at Eagles Nest I turned back to 85S heading to Portage.

85S to Portage was great. Here's a picture spot (as marked by sign) overlooking Portage countryside.
2017-04-03 10.15.57.jpg
2017-04-03 10.15.34.jpg

From Portage I jumped on 90E across the road from Deans.
I took 90 all the way to Caribou. It was pretty beat up from the weekend use and I was tired, so I took it slow.

Here's what I learned after 2 days and 370 miles:

I enjoyed the M20. I was able to ride hard, at speed through crap I wouldn't have done before. I need to install the correct bolt for limiter strap adjuster. I was dealing with body roll and ski lift in the turns almost the whole trip.
I need to get the on board compressor. Crawling underneath the sled to make adjustments sucks. Also, with some trails groomed and some not it would be a helluva lot easier to make adjustments on the fly.
I still need more time adjusting and learning the M20. I did get better at it by Sunday, but haven't found the magic carpet ride yet.
Once I get the M20 down I'll work on the Ohlins up front. I feel it's worth it to get them refreshed before next season.
All things considered, I love this sled, I love this suspension, and I love the County!

I still need more time adjusting and learning the M20.
Al, it seemed like it took about 500 miles for the air spring on my skid to "stretch-in" (for lack of better term). As you mentioned, having a compressor is a must if you want the MOST from your M20. IMO, a compressor is the key to knowing where the sweet spot is. What I mean is; when you can adjust on the go, you learn what works and what doesn't...very quickly...without stopping. Otherwise, you're kind of shooting in the dark.
I love this sled...
I agree! I love my Apex, but there is just something about my Warrior that I love too! ;)!

Great pictures!

Well the front control arm that I was going to reinforce before next season Broke! Headed to Stratton for a day ride and 8 miles in she snapped. I used a zip tie to keep it from jamming against the track, and limped it back to the truck.
At leat it didn't break in the Alagash!
2017-04-08 12.12.06.jpg

Al, I hate to hear you had troubles. :(
Thanks bud. I really have a feeling the Polaris arms are thinner steel than Fast, resulting in breakage. I'm just relieved no damage happened other than the arm, and it broke only 8 miles in. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a Front arm custom made by one of the Many welders I work with!

wow you really rode late into the season. i agree the arms have to be thinner than a true m20. you know i have everything to install an on board air compressor and have had it for over three years collecting dust. i just have shrader valves on both shocks. not once did i struggle with air pressure durring the day. even the first year i had it in 2008, i wrote down the 2 pressure settings and just set it before every weekend ride in the comfort of a heated garage and never touched them again. 94 psi rear, 25 mid, 35 ski shocks. i weigh 300, 6ft5 tall. and i can say nothing else rides like it, every time i swap with any brand oem skid. not even close. the front ski shocks made a huge difference though. also, i never touched the limiter strap factory setting. in 2008 i had an air line from the tunnel to the rear air bag and a peice of ice ripped it off and i had to ride home on the stoppers. thats why i refused to run anything but a very reliable shrader valve only. that is the one and only bad experience ever. i do think on the fly adjusting would be awsome. just not reliable enough for me anyway. ps-nice pictures of my home town you have there.

I finally had a chance yesterday to put some miles on the Warrior this season, albeit it did take a 2.5 hour ride north to find enough snow. Love the M20. My wife rode my boys Formula 500; she hasn't ridden a sled too much so it was slow going. That was alright though because I was on a magic carpet ride! Only issue was darting. Most of you folks have bragged up the snow trackers so I'll have to spring for a set.
This morning I put on about 100 miles of groomed riding around Abbot (wife stayed back @ cabin so she didn't slow me down :sled1: [ her words])

2018-01-21 21.33.38.jpg

Where are you M-20 and M-10 riders buying your bogie and idler wheels? Direct from Fast?

Last edited:
You can get the boogie wheels from different places. I got mine from my dealer. 5.35" they come with a plastic bushing you knock out. I installed 6.9 pilot skis on my warrior with the ski dooooo carbides,2 per.
I have the yamaha mountain skis on my attack and run double downs. No darting on either sled.
I'm glad you enjoyed the ride.wish you many more.

You can get the boogie wheels from different places. I got mine from my dealer. 5.35" they come with a plastic bushing you knock out. I installed 6.9 pilot skis on my warrior with the ski dooooo carbides,2 per.
I have the yamaha mountain skis on my attack and run double downs. No darting on either sled.
I'm glad you enjoyed the ride.wish you many more.
Thanks for the ideas. I'll have to make a trip to the Dealer.

Back