• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Made a set of SlimJim's for btx

tnc110

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder BTX SE, SRXs
325201762612.jpg
I bought a btx add the end of the season. Only put 350 miles on it. On trail I noticed a little bit of darting, and a lot of steering effort required. I wanted to get a set of slim Jim's, but they aren't available. Woodys said they would not be making any unless Yamaha requested them.

I ordered a set of sy6-6580 and went to cutting and welding! It took a little doing, as the stock carbides are tipped up at the ends, and the slimjims are straight. I'm hoping the slimjims will get these massive keels up and out of the snow a little when trail riding, making steering a little easier.
325201762442.jpg
325201762649.jpg

Awesome! I thought about doing this. Woody's told me the same think, I was a bit disappointed. I contacted snow studs and they said sure we can make you a set, unfortunately they couldn't get a ski as they were on backorder. I went with ACE's and it was better but I still want duals. We will see next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back