• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Manitoba TY Ride 2017

Did some recon of the trails going from LDB to Trappers, up to Anson's Hut ,over to Pine Falls, back down to Halfway Hut via the Bigfoot trail or The Long Way Back and then back to LDB with kodd griz and Lil'J on Sunday.
Lots of snow and trails conditions were good considering it was Sunday and all the wind we had lately.
Double Js.jpg

I will be there but Patti has a conference so wont be able to make it. We leaving from the same place again in Pinawa?

Well since my last ride a couple of weeks ago with Kodd Griz and Lil' J the weather has really played a number on the trail system. The entire Whiteshell trail system has been closed. They have lost 4" of good ice on all lakes and water crossings. Some ice is now too thin for the groomers to pass over. These are some of the best trails in MB for scenery and safest as they are one way trails for the most part.
Trail 66 1 5 km east of junction 770.jpg
Trail 66 betula lake Jan 23-2017.jpg
Trail just west of Rennie Jan. 23-2017.jpg

Did a little ride yesterday on some of the other trails we usually ride on. They all have a deep iced base as the rain and warm temps melted into them. The water crossing we hit were terrible. Everyone and their dog seemed to of felt the need to drive on them in the abnormally warm temps the other week. They are full of permanently rutted tracks running amuck on the frozen surface now making it a challenge to drive. Some clubs are still trying to groom what is there but they do not have equipment to deal with the deep iced surface.
Some spots were fairly good but others will still be whooped out until we get more a lot more snow.
There are some routes towards that lead north that are also crossed due to unsafe ice conditions.
I will have to postpone the Ride until we get better and safer riding conditions.:o|

Yup it sucks. The season started a bit late but when the snow came it really came. Provided and excellent base for the land trails but insulated all the water ways. I think 3 groomers went down around here due to poor ice conditions.
Then it finally got cold enough to set up the water ways. More snow and then about one week of good trail conditions. Then the rain and warm hit. Now the trails are like last years run we had in and out of Beausejour. All iced over and bumpy which did not provide a lot of smiling faces. We can ride the trails that are open but they are broken up from the venue which limits to the choices. We could chose to drop somewhere else but again the chatter on local forums here is ice, ice and more ice. I'm sure all the dealers have had record sales for scratchers this season.
If we get snow and a lot of it (fingers and toes crossed) I will try to get the Ride back up provided there is interest. Up till now I only had 4 confirmed riders.

Yup it sucks. The season started a bit late but when the snow came it really came. Provided and excellent base for the land trails but insulated all the water ways. I think 3 groomers went down around here due to poor ice conditions.
Then it finally got cold enough to set up the water ways. More snow and then about one week of good trail conditions. Then the rain and warm hit. Now the trails are like last years run we had in and out of Beausejour. All iced over and bumpy which did not provide a lot of smiling faces. We can ride the trails that are open but they are broken up from the venue which limits to the choices. We can could chose to drop somewhere else but again the chatter on local forums here is ice, ice and more ice. I'm sure all the dealers have had record sales for scratchers this season.
If we get snow and a lot of it (fingers and toes crossed) I will try to get the Ride back up provided there is interest. Up till now I only had 4 confirmed riders.

Well that sucks. It happens.. its the weather dont work out, just have to do a summer cook out, then maybe I can have someone else haul me up :D

Well that sucks. It happens.. its the weather dont work out, just have to do a summer cook out, then maybe I can have someone else haul me up :D

Get NOS-PRO to haul you up, bring the Asphalt setups and we'll have the BBQ at the Drag Strip, although Brian won't come as he's afraid that he'll get the bug again!

Steiner, I see Lil' J's tracks in those pictures, she must have really nail the throttle on that Vector!

Steiner thanks for all the effort you have put into it so far. If and when it gets rescheduled let me know and we will see if we can add a BBQ and loop by my place one day. Trails in the Belair forest have actually been pretty good.

Steiner thanks for all the effort you have put into it so far. If and when it gets rescheduled let me know and we will see if we can add a BBQ and loop by my place one day. Trails in the Belair forest have actually been pretty good.
Thanks.
I'm keeping a close eye on the local forums (like you) for the latest trail info. There are some areas that are very rideable. Unfortunately with some of the water crossings closed it makes it tougher to get to those areas. With this cold front coming in I think those crossing should open soon again. Just need some more snow now to make it enjoyable.
I keep hearing how good the trails are in the southeast corner. Might have to go for a day trip and check it out.

I miss the whole gang up north of the border. Sorry to hear about the cancellation. Wishing everyone well. Hope you are able to reschedule. I will definitely be seeing all of you again some year soon. My best to all my friends up there.
Dan.

Thanks Dan. No MB TY Ride is complete without your Cherry Hooch.
We have not "cancelled" the ride as of yet. Looking at the 23rd-25th now. Hopefully Mother Nature will take pity on us and bless us with some snow. There is a good solid base for 90% of the trails but unfortunately its mostly ice. A few good inches of snow for the groomers to work with will allow the ride to happen.
:letsnow::letsnow::letsnow:

Back