• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MARK IDLER WHEELS W/ PIC'S

TOMBOB

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 APEX ER
MARKED WHEELS WITH PIC’S

Every year I remove my suspension to inspect everything. My buddy thinks I am nuts, but I have more

Time then he does. There is always 2-3 bearing that is shot. Been using NTN lately

However, they to go bad same as cheap ones. When I get the wheels off I do not know where they were

Located. I know if you mark then before you take them off you would, but #*$&@ happens.

Therefore, what I did this year was marked the wheels with small dimple and used white out. Now I know where they will be mounted right side 1-3-5. left side 2-4-6. Odd -even thing. Now I can

Identify the bad bearing problem front, back, right or left side and inside.

I will be able to know location of the bearing gone bad. Re-do those bearing before the season is over.

I also switched from low temp grease (which washes out) to ‘BEL-RAY” grease that is waterproof and

It is very tacky. They say it will not wash out. Find out next year. Maybe the new grease will solve the bad

Bearing problem and this stupid idea is all BS.

I did the freezer test on one of wheels with new grease and low temp did not effect it.

Thanks for the tips, especially the Bel Ray grease. Might look into using it for other applications.

I take a lot of cell phone pictures before I start taking anything apart; I'm old now and can't remember s--t anymore LOL

I take a lot of cell phone pictures before I start taking anything apart; I'm old now and can't remember s--t anymore LOL

I am going to try that as I think it looks so obvious on the way out and then, "what the heck is this and where does it go?" is my install thinking. I think I have CRS. Can't remember Sh t Not sure if its treatable but will try this. Yamadoo

Back