• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Markdale/ Duram Region Ontario trails ?

dgjr636

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder LTX LE
Anyone out there know if the trails in this region will withstand this warm-up?
Looks like they are calling for snow and cold Wednesday on but was planning on heading up to ride Thursday - Sunday. Any in site on this would be great.

Should be better by weekend for sure are there, lake effect and colder temps kicking in tomorrow thru weekend.

Lots snow up my way but still waiting for ice to be safe, this weekend i think we will see a ton of trails opening after this brief warmup.....we have a killer base up here well over 2ft.

Dan

Anyone out there know if the trails in this region will withstand this warm-up?
Looks like they are calling for snow and cold Wednesday on but was planning on heading up to ride Thursday - Sunday. Any in site on this would be great.
As of now the trails around Barrie and Collingwood are still open and they are calling for 10" or more tomorrow. Check the OFSC trail maps!

As of now the trails around Barrie and Collingwood are still open and they are calling for 10" or more tomorrow. Check the OFSC trail maps!

Thanks.
I know they had lots of snow and all the trails in this region was open as of yesterday. OFSC shows most of them closed right now but I know that is to keep riders off during the warm up and rain.
Just wondering if the trails would withstain/ recover by Thursday.

Thanks again.

Should be better by weekend for sure are there, lake effect and colder temps kicking in tomorrow thru weekend.

Lots snow up my way but still waiting for ice to be safe, this weekend i think we will see a ton of trails opening after this brief warmup.....we have a killer base up here well over 2ft.

Dan

Thanks Dan,
I will be up your way at the end of the month if all goes well.

Thanks.
I know they had lots of snow and all the trails in this region was open as of yesterday. OFSC shows most of them closed right now but I know that is to keep riders off during the warm up and rain.
Just wondering if the trails would withstain/ recover by Thursday.

Thanks again.
I was on them Saturday and there was lots of snow, so I hope they open again soon. It's 1/2hr from my house

I was on them Saturday and there was lots of snow, so I hope they open again soon. It's 1/2hr from my house

Thanks for the info.
Was there a solid base. Do you think it would recover after warm up fast?

Thanks for the info.
Was there a solid base. Do you think it would recover after warm up fast?
Tough to say! If it freezes tonight and we get the snow tomorrow it'll be a solid base for sure. Collingwood wood is only 1hr from there and it's still open.

Tough to say! If it freezes tonight and we get the snow tomorrow it'll be a solid base for sure. Collingwood wood is only 1hr from there and it's still open.

Thanks for the info.
Have a cabin rented in Markdale so crossing my fingers.

The trails in durham region probably are down to the dirt. I live ten minutes south of Ganaraska forest and see nothing but grass. Was riding Fenelon Falls up to Haliburton on the weekend and the trails were absolutely brutal but there is supposed to be a lot of snow coming for much of Ontario in the 14 day forecast!

Haliburton Forest has closed their trails, so It safe to say they will be closed until we get walloped.

I'm surprised, it's about an hour north of me and not much snow left here.

Trails in Erin don't look to bad either. Just talked to my buddy who lives right by the rail bed. Hope we get some snow, I got Friday booked for riding.

Back