• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mirrors for a 2016 RS Vector 129" track.

Vectornut

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
RS Vector
Mirrors for 2016 RS Vector 129 " Track. Will the Mirrors on a 2016 RS Venture TF fit my 2016 RS Vector 129"? My dealer says there is nothing available from Yamaha.

We use the Tall Indy Polaris you can buy off Ebay... We mount them on the side panels and work well. This is on my Attak and wifes 2010 Vector LTX.
I tried the OEM Ymaha's back when and no dice... at all... Once day I was in a dealer and he had a used LTX there ... with Tall Indy mirrors.. When I sat on it I was amazed how well they work... they allow me to keep an eye all the time on the wife behind me.. used them yesterday on a 85 mile trip at high speeds and wood/forest trails... you can see them in the pic... they rotate closed for trailer..swivel a few ways for accurate adjustment.

Attachments

• P3020019.JPG
    P3020019.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 349
barn of parts sells some real nice mirrors also. friend got a set and likes them .

Thank you guys for your response and so quickly. I really appreciate your advice.

Thank you guys for your response and so quickly. I really appreciate your advice.

Your dealer is on drugs.

Unless you need the space on the handlebars, go with the Barn of Parts mirrors.

Thanks, guys. I really want the windshield mounted units like on the Venture GT & on the Venture TF sleds. I have seen them on the Apex and RS Vectors sleds in pictures on this site and in other media. I prefer not to have the handlebar mounted mirrors. My 2005 Vector has the Venture mounted windshield mirrors from that period and they are great. Thats what I prefer for now.

Thanks, guys. I really want the windshield mounted units like on the Venture GT & on the Venture TF sleds. I have seen them on the Apex and RS Vectors sleds in pictures on this site and in other media. I prefer not to have the handlebar mounted mirrors. My 2005 Vector has the Venture mounted windshield mirrors from that period and they are great. Thats what I prefer for now.

What you have for the 05 Vector is not exactly available for the newer Ventures. Look for the huge Venture windshield. Are those mirrors part of the windshield package?

The Mirrors on my 05 Vector are the same ones that are on the new 2017/ 973 RS Venture. I think the ones on the Ventures GT & TF are different but I cant get the necessary info or even a part # assuming that there is a bar connecting the two mirrors like on the 2017 973 Ventures. It will probably have to be something I will have to piece together. The GT & TF ventures with the big windshields have their mirrors attached through the windshield and into the dash with some kind of attachment. I'll call Port Yamaha to see what they have available. Thanks again, all.

Trouble with the bar mirrors any turn you loose the view...not so with side panel mounts.

Trouble with the bar mirrors any turn you loose the view...not so with side panel mounts.

If you're turning shouldn't your eyes be looking what's ahead of you?

On my 2015 Vector Ltx had the stock Yamaha mirror set installed by the dealer. Part # 8FP-W2628-03-00 but was installed too far back and all I could see were my elbows. Took them off and moved them forward with the base # 01-00 and they work and look much better. BTW tried the tall Indy mirrors and they broke when trying to adjust them. Totally useless but did work well on an 03 RX-1.

On my 2015 Vector Ltx had the stock Yamaha mirror set installed by the dealer. Part # 8FP-W2628-03-00 but was installed too far back and all I could see were my elbows. Took them off and moved them forward with the base # 01-00 and they work and look much better. BTW tried the tall Indy mirrors and they broke when trying to adjust them. Totally useless but did work well on an 03 RX-1.

Did you adjust them too much? I use them all the time and not totally useless.. My wife has a set too who rides with me all the time.. ... I turn them in to trailer and out again each ride..just did them yesterday.... They are plastic but work well. They are cheap to replace it they get abused. ...

Back