• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MN TY ride

Finland and the trestle (at least the resort used to) both have fuel. Just curious is all.

I just checked it's about 85 miles from Ely to the Trestle Inn.

Any plans on getting the Bamboozeler in Tower at the VC? I know you'll need a lot of friends to polish that pizza off! If so it might be worth the drive. :jump:

Attachments

• 0216131740.jpg
    0216131740.jpg
    606.5 KB · Views: 113
We never leave anyone behind on a trip. Don't worry about mountain sleds not keeping up, I probably have my mountain Viper there as well. I know some people carry extra gas. I have a 3 gallon rotopax on the back of the viper.

Not worried about keeping up:) the turbo gets a little thirsty at times and I've never really done a 100+ mile day with it so I'm not sure what sort of mileage I'll see. It should go 85 miles or better on a tank when it mostly trail riding. Probably get a 100 but I bet the light would be on for a while to get that

Finland also has a gas station with "pay at the pump" incase we are out after hours.

Is anyone willing to share a room on Friday night... I'll be riding up and it gets to be a bit expensive renting rooms alone... I'll be packing a sleep pad and bag if you have room on your floor

I am getting excited! I was up around Ely last week and the snow is awesome! Hopefully it's not too damn cold! I did order bigger jets just in case.

I'm looking forward to riding up there. Never spent any time on a sled in the ely area. We (wife, kid, I, and maybe another or two) will be rolling into town late Thursday. Got to wait for the kid to finish school that day. Be nice if the temps would moderate a bit. Something about 0 and below makes sledding not as much fun :(

If anyone is coming by sled and going through Eveleth/Gilbert/Virginia area, hit me up, I'm just off the trail between Eveleth/Gilbert. If not I'll be tossing mine on a trailer and going back and forth to the "launch" site each day. Also If anyone needs a place to crash I do have a guest bedroom at my home and room on the trailer.

Is anybody planning on staying at Creek Ridge? If no one is planning on staying there we can meet at my house on Johnson Lake instead, I have room at my house for 6-10 people. Kathy called me tonight and asked if anybody was staying there. If no one wants to stay at Creek Ridge, I would be fine using my house as a starting point instead. I just need to let Kathy at Creek Ridge know that we will not be staying there, because she is not actually open and wants to know if she needs to open up or not. Guys weigh in and let me know.

Wife booked us into a vrbo south west of town.

My house address up there is 1385 Forsman Rd. Ely, MN. I will be posting a map of how to get there from the trails as well. Give me a a day or two to draw one.

Back