• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MODULAR RACK BASE

Joshua

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha Sidewinder BTX LE 50TH
Hey guys has anybody use the modular rack base yet? If so how is it? Worth the money

SMA-8KGRK-BS-BK.jpg

Hey guys has anybody use the modular rack base yet? If so how is it? Worth the money

SMA-8KGRK-BS-BK.jpg
Who makes it?

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk

What is the length of the base, the area that's against the tunnel ? Also could the gas can be attached in the location where you have the bag instead of at the end of the tunnel ? I'd like this setup for the RTX but I think it's a little long. Thanks

Rotopax on that? Hum....

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk

I read that they don't recommend using a gas can larger than 5L with this set up. Really 5 liters? How far will that get you. I have the linq system on my wife's Renegade and it works awesome. She carries the 15 liter fuel caddy on it along with two other linq bags. Maybe the Yamaha needs some type of tunnel brace to carry more weight?

I read that they don't recommend using a gas can larger than 5L with this set up. Really 5 liters? How far will that get you. I have the linq system on my wife's Renegade and it works awesome. She carries the 15 liter fuel caddy on it along with two other linq bags. Maybe the Yamaha needs some type of tunnel brace to carry more weight?
JOE ,If they got good fuel mileage you wouldn't need extra gas .LOL :welc:

JOE ,If they got good fuel mileage you wouldn't need extra gas .LOL :welc:
Funny you say that because the first time I ever had a fuel caddy was this year when we went to Gaspe. We never used it I just carried 4 extra gallons of fuel the entire 6 days for nothing. I bought the caddy because of some reports about poor fuel mileage on the SW. The reality is the SW gets as good or better mileage than the 1200 Doo and non turbo 1100 Cat.

Reactions: krm
I wouldn't get it, I have one and they are a waste of cash. Don't fit right and there's lots better ones out there for sale.

If you are considering something like this and haven't bought anything yet I would strongly suggest investing in the linq system from Ski Doo. Everything about it is superior than any other luggage system. The ease of use, quality, versatility and available bags and fuel caddies are top notch. You can also purchase everything from Doo dealers on line for 20% off with free shipping and no tx.

I just made my own rack , 2 peices of 1/8" aluminum bent on a 90 with 1" lip for rivets and 4 1/2" aluminum rods drilled and tapped for bolts took like an hour and this way you can make it long or short and the height you want

Back