• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Montana 600 ?'s

steiner

Staff member
Used my new Garmin Montana 600 for the first time yesterday. Logged on just over 300 miles with it.
My questions are how do I keep it from changing from "landscape" to "potrait" mode while driving and still keep it moving with me and it shut off about three times randomly.
I'm using the Amps Rugged Mount and the power supply is good. When it shut off I had to unclip it from the mount and then clip it back in. PITA when cruising in the trails.

Attachments

• IMG_5053.jpg
    IMG_5053.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_5057.jpg
    IMG_5057.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 196

I don't have mine in front of me so I can't walk you through it Go to settings - then display, then I think there is a screen orientation tab and lock to landscape. I have the AMPS dock and have never had mine ever shut off. Perhaps there is a power save or auto shutdown due to inactivity setting.

Thanks . Got the screen locked now.. Still not sure why it shut down randomly. Could not find any power settings as of yet.

Back