• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MountainTech 43+2 installed

thetruck454

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I noticed my arms weren't level so while I had the sled apart to replace the subframe with a gusseted one, I figured I might as well upgrade the a-arms. I set camber at -1.5, caster at +24 and toe to +3/16. I'll post back with ride reviews after the weekend. I was surprised how easy it was to replace the subframe, though I'd call it definitely a 2 person job.

IMG_20170121_210619239.jpg

So the temps were high teens, snow was hard packed and dense groomed trails. My impressions was yup it's still a nytro, but much more controllable. It still was tippy, and required you to be up off the seat when the cornering got agressive, but the inside ski didn't snap up as quick, I didn't go into corners scared like before. When the ski comes up you just fight it back down. It did seam to understeer a bit more, but that could have been the snow. Steering effort was fine, no noticeable change up or down. There was a lot of initial push on each corner, but that could have been the snow as my brother on his apex xtx said the same. Overall improvements and no noticable downsides. The ball joints are beefy and I like the black a-arms over the stock silver. The nytro should have come like this from the factory!

On a side note I'd love to find a way to get the sled to rotate better in the corners, the Cobra track helped over the stock, but I wonder if fiddling with suspension could help more? I lose energy hanging off the side of the thing for 200 milesa day.

Originally I had the front rebound too high and I'd lose bite mid corner on the bumps, but I solved that with the clickers. I also got the high and low speed compression dialed in much better with the Hylo valves up front. I didn't get to adjust the rear shocks because they were all covered in ice.

Here's my initial response about 3 years ago: This was my best mod! There is a noticeable improvement in the stability of the sled. I can take Corners quicker than before with less ski lift. Steering effort is less too. The welds and fabrication are first rate.

So the temps were high teens, snow was hard packed and dense groomed trails. My impressions was yup it's still a nytro, but much more controllable. It still was tippy, and required you to be up off the seat when the cornering got agressive, but the inside ski didn't snap up as quick, I didn't go into corners scared like before. When the ski comes up you just fight it back down. It did seam to understeer a bit more, but that could have been the snow. Steering effort was fine, no noticeable change up or down. There was a lot of initial push on each corner, but that could have been the snow as my brother on his apex xtx said the same. Overall improvements and no noticable downsides. The ball joints are beefy and I like the black a-arms over the stock silver. The nytro should have come like this from the factory!

On a side note I'd love to find a way to get the sled to rotate better in the corners, the Cobra track helped over the stock, but I wonder if fiddling with suspension could help more? I lose energy hanging off the side of the thing for 200 milesa day.

Originally I had the front rebound too high and I'd lose bite mid corner on the bumps, but I solved that with the clickers. I also got the high and low speed compression dialed in much better with the Hylo valves up front. I didn't get to adjust the rear shocks because they were all covered in ice.

Softing up the preload on the ski shocks will make the sled run flatter in the corners in those conditions.

Softing up the preload on the ski shocks will make the sled run flatter in the corners in those conditions.

I have hygear revalve with the tripple rate springs. I'll try changing the crossover point so it will compress the softer springs more before it hits the stiffer one. Maybe it will help set more in the corner and roll more progressivly

Thanks for the update. Mountaintech remains committed to building parts for the Nytro! It is a great platform that was produced for 7 model years. Almost all of it's shortcomings have been solved by the aftermarket manufacturers, so it is a great sled to "personalize".

Thanks for the update. Mountaintech remains committed to building parts for the Nytro! It is a great platform that was produced for 7 model years. Almost all of it's shortcomings have been solved by the aftermarket manufacturers, so it is a great sled to "personalize".

You guys make a great product for sure. The trails this past weekend were better, much softer and all of that tippyness was gone. The sled just flat out railed with the a arms and the snow conditions. Since we had over 3 feet of fresh powder I tried to play off trail to see how bad the wider a-arms effecting carving. I am far from an expert in off trail, but I will say that with my lack of skill it was almost impossible to get it to carve. Someone with more skill could probably yank her right on her side, but I soon resorted to just jumping ditches and back on the groomed trails where I have this sled set up to dominate on.

Back