• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MP Replacement

thelake

Extreme
Will Yamaha discontinue the MP? It's been a generation since it was first announced. I would like to see the name dropped for Bravo, a new lighter chassis, a new quieter 4 stroke engine at the same horse or maybe up to 100 horse. The company needs to have a lighter utility sled than the VK pro that can compete with the tundras and voyagers. I love my mp, it's trustworthy. But the company an do better now. It's time.

Funny you should ask. I just read some comments in the Supertraxx mag and it's being rumoured that the Phazer will be phazed out (pun intented) but no word on a replacement mid-level sled. Apparently, one of the reasons is that the motor in this (and our) sled is expensive to make. One other rumour would be something based on the Sidewinder's 998cc without the turbo.

After 10 years, it is way overdue for a change for both lines but to what? The engine is solid but the rest needs a badly needed refresh. If there is anything, it will likely be a Yamacat conception.

Here in Newfoundland there some talk of a bravo replacement with a all new engine that nobody has seen before, whether the release is 2018 is anybodies guess, but the Yamaha rep has said that Yamaha is focusing on backcountry and utility!

Funny you should ask. I just read some comments in the Supertraxx mag and it's being rumoured that the Phazer will be phazed out (pun intented) but no word on a replacement mid-level sled. Apparently, one of the reasons is that the motor in this (and our) sled is expensive to make. One other rumour would be something based on the Sidewinder's 998cc without the turbo.

After 10 years, it is way overdue for a change for both lines but to what? The engine is solid but the rest needs a badly needed refresh. If there is anything, it will likely be a Yamacat conception.
I actually wouldn't mind the vk 540 body with a 4 stroke engine. I like utility sleds. I may look at the VK pro in the next few years once my mp is paid off. Unless Yamaha considers people like me and builds a nice trapping style sled...that's comfortable.

Here's my call: they won't get rid of the venture mp. If anything, they will tweak it. The VK 540 had 2 tweaks in its 26 year run before 2012.

Back