1. PLEASE READ: If you have problems logging in with your old password, click the Forgot Password link in the log in screen to get an email verification to request a new password or click Here. If you haven't received a new password from the forum please email your username and password to webmaster@totallyamaha.com. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All hotmail, msn, outlook, live email accounts are not receiving email notifications. The only way to remedy this is to add @totallyamaha.com to your safe senders list in order to receive notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

mpi eabc boost bacwards

Discussion in '4 Stroke Turbos/Supercharger' started by madsledder, Dec 31, 2016.

1. madsledder

madsledder Extreme

Bought sled new last year at the end of the season. 2015 viper mtx 190 Yamaha acc turbo kit installed by dealer. Not a lot of snow to play with last year so now that I'm riding this is what ive noticed. Boost seems to be high at 2000' 7psi was more I dropped it. And lowers as I go up in altitude 5psi at 6000'. Also it seems to run crappy after it is warmed up and sits for a bit. After I run it for a bit it clears up maybe 1/2 km down the raod. Temps outside were cold probably -10. I have looked and all plumbing seems to be ok.

3. madsledder

madsledder Extreme

I have removed the eabc and solenoid and will go out maybe tomorrow. Could a faulty map senser cause this? Solenoid seems fine. So question is eabc or map senser?

4. madsledder

madsledder Extreme

After talking to mpi today sending all electronics in to be checked.

5. madsledder

madsledder Extreme

All my stuff is on its way back to me. But every thing tested good. Hopefully it was just a poor conection. He did mention that some have a flash in the ecu that keeps the #1 injector on. Any body know about this? Going to find out if they flashed the sled before I picked it up.

6. madsledder

madsledder Extreme

Well still having the issue. All the electronics were tested and ok. I found a boost leak and it is fixed. Still can not figure out why it is boosting too much at low altitude and not boosting enough at high altitude. Will run 8 psi at 2000' and 5 psi at 5700'. MPI has no idea why they are trying to figure out as well. But any other suggestions would be great.

7. madsledder

madsledder Extreme

Just in case any one is wandering or for future reference. It was the map sensor. A little annoyed because did this from new and mpi said no warranty on map sensor.

Snowmixer likes this.