• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Early Model Intercooler Question

MatthewW14

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro MTX converted to XTX
I currently have an early model MPI kit on my 2014 Viper xtx with the blue boost line running from the Intercooler to the Gems Controller.

I also have one of the newer Gems Controllers that has the senor instead of the boost line. What are the advantages of the newer controllers over the older with the blue boost line?

Also- could someone provide a picture of how the sensor mounts to the intercooler? I may try and upgrade mine.

I guess to simply it I am wondering if a line off the intercooler to the nipple on the MAP sensor would read correct or does the sensor need to be actually mounted on the intercooler for it ro get a correct reading.

I guess to simply it I am wondering if a line off the intercooler to the nipple on the MAP sensor would read correct or does the sensor need to be actually mounted on the intercooler for it ro get a correct reading.

You would want to mount the sensor in the inter-cooler and close off the nipple the blue line is attached too. You could also put in a bigger nipple and run a 1/4 line and push the sensor end into the line. If it was me, I would solid mount the new boost sensor.

Thanks for the response Mr. Sled! My first idea was to mount it directly into the intercooler and I took it to a machine shop to see what they could do. They could drill out the larger plug on the other side and weld a bung onto it for the bolt to secure it but my concern was there's a risk debris could fall into the intercooler with the drilling and welding, which could get sucked into the engine.. I ended gearing something up with the larger plug on the left side of the intercooler and it seems secure but not my concern is that the MAP sensor won't get an accurate reading..

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 185
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 201
Thanks for the response Mr. Sled! My first idea was to mount it directly into the intercooler and I took it to a machine shop to see what they could do. They could drill out the larger plug on the other side and weld a bung onto it for the bolt to secure it but my concern was there's a risk debris could fall into the intercooler with the drilling and welding, which could get sucked into the engine.. I ended gearing something up with the larger plug on the left side of the intercooler and it seems secure but not my concern is that the MAP sensor won't get an accurate reading..

That should work.

On the side you have plugged is where my sensor is mounted on the intercooler. mpi could probably sell you the piece needed to weld on or send it in to be done there over the summer.

Back