• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Stage 2 Apex Questions

O2 sensor is near the back of the gas tank/front 1/4 of the seat. I unplugged the GEMS and it started and idled at about 14.8. I went in to the CO settings. Each cylinder was set at -10...I changed them to +10. Plugged GEMS back in and idles at about 14.6. Will have to get out and ride it sometime soon hopefully. Barely any snow at my house in Hugo,MN tho. Will probably have to head north if I can find time before my west yellowstone trip early February. Hopefully only minor adjustments will need to be made out west. Clutch weights are loaded at 83 grams for sea level and I'm staying shy of the rev limiter.

Wow, nothing like going down memory lane, lean mid range hard starting OMG I threw the germs as far as I could and purchased a power commander five with autotune. I was running about 10 pounds at 1200 feet I have the head shim. I tried all the different settings for the GEMS before deciding it just wouldn't do the trick. With the power commander five I have 6% fuel added during start up for six seconds and then atfter it's running there's a minus fuel setting up to 1700 RPM of about 6 to 8% minus. Those are settings that just were impossible on the germs. The tuning was a major learning curve but so happy I did it as every piece of the map is adjustable. Wasn't cheap but neither was the sled, seemed to make sense.
My 2 cents.

Back