• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI supercharger pulleys

taylor lemke

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 yamaha nytro stage 1 MPI Super charger with intercooler
I'm looking for someone who has a pulley setup for 1000-2000 feet. I do have upgraded injectors but not a head shim at this time. I'm not sure what I'm running for a setup now but I can easy hit 10 psi which I know it is too much. called Mpi and they don't have any pulleys at this time. also, what do you guys recommend for clutch weights? my sled is still setup for higher elevation from when I bought it out west.

28Tx27b will make a solid 6 up to 6.7 depending on rpm load etc. 28x28 is too high for the stock pump 7-7.8 afr creep into the mid 13's at WOT. 28tx27b is the magic number at sea level. If you push more you asking for troublr. Run daltons around 68 GWG primary 48x42 advantage secondary Pink at 3/3

What Pulleys you have now?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Do you know where I can buy pulleys? MPI didn't haven any and I'm not sure what setup I'm running now on the bottom but the top is a 23. Do you have links for those clutches? I have an AFR gauge but I haven't installed it yet and need to use the gems controller to adjust fuel but I'm not entirely sure how to. needless to say I haven't rode the sled yet. I want it to be setup safely so I don't hurt the motor.

I believe your other bottom one will be a 26 or 28. Can't remember. Swap them around and you should be at your 5-6 lbs.

And follow mpis instructions for installation using heat plate, and don't forget your loctite

Are you talking the instructions that are online? Wil i need another belt size?

Same belt unless it looks worn. Yes instructions are online.

I believe your other bottom one will be a 26 or 28. Can't remember. Swap them around and you should be at your 5-6 lbs.

Are the top and bottom interchangeable?

Mine were. So I'd assume yours should be also.

I can try when I get home this afternoon. It's not all that difficult. You'll need to unbolt and move oil tank out of the way. Then loosen the tensioner pulley bolt, back off the udjuster bolt, remove belt. Then the pulleys come off by using the set screws in the other holes. Do a search. There were several post on here about it, and mpi may even have instructions too. Been about 4 months since I Swapped mine. Then follow the instructions from mpi for reinstall. I think there were 2 different pdfs. 2nd one was an amendment to heating them up 1st. I just used an old deep fryer.

I'm looking for someone who has a pulley setup for 1000-2000 feet. I do have upgraded injectors but not a head shim at this time. I'm not sure what I'm running for a setup now but I can easy hit 10 psi which I know it is too much. called Mpi and they don't have any pulleys at this time. also, what do you guys recommend for clutch weights? my sled is still setup for higher elevation from when I bought it out west.
hello by upgraded injectors size injectors and where did you get them

Hurricane performance will sell you modified stock injectors on an exchange basis
okay thanks so is it safe to say at 6-10 pounds of boost/with mpi stage 1 supercharger with bigger injectors with no head shim would work good i like the throttle response without the head shim much snappier ,i currently had the head shim but i took my motor apart because it was down on compression on 1 cylinder (valves were corroded up on that cylinder but everything else looks like new inside ,i would like to take out the head shim and lower the boost because i never go to the mountains ant to make it so i can just fuel it and go i dont race it i just like to ride it

Back