• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mpi turbo installed but reving at 4000rpm

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
Just looking for ideas what would cause engine to rev at 4000rpm at idle

Vacuum leak.....or your throttle cable is hung up on something around the throttle bodies????
I'll check both of your suggestions first thing in the morning
Thanks
It's been a long day installing I'm pretty wiped out...lo

I decided to go inspect one last time tonight and found one of the bov lines on the throttle body (center one) was disconnected would this cause high revs at idle?

Lol I hear ya. Just make sure all vacuum lines are zip tied, all the vacuum port caps are installed and zip tied, etc. Should be something simple, your sled was running good before the install.

I decided to go inspect one last time tonight and found one of the bov lines on the throttle body (center one) was disconnected would this cause high revs at idle?

It's possible since where that hooks up is a direct inlet into the throttle bodies. Not sure if that port is pre or post throttle body, but regardress it will be sucking in extra air. Hook the line back up to the throttle body nipple and give it a whirl! While double checking all other hoses and throttle cable.

It's possible since where that hooks up is a direct inlet into the throttle bodies. Not sure if that port is pre or post throttle body, but regardress it will be sucking in extra air.
Those dam ports on the throttle body have no Ridges on them to hold the hose
In place

Even if there is no ridge a zip tie will help. They have to be tiny though. Also if the hose was on something already just nip a 1/4" off it to get rid of the stretched part.

ok I'm back at it!!
question the 3 new lines that go to plastic manifold on throttle body are connected to turbo blow off valve right??
what get connected to air box small barbed fitting?(eabc removed)
sorry I got it back appart and a bit confused

The fitting on your intake plenum needs to run to the wastegate. And yes all the vacuum lines are connected to run to the BOV and boost gauge if you have one.

So air box small line to silver part of turbo with rod(waste gate)
And plastic manifold from from throttle body goes where I can find where it hooks to

I got it she started right up!!!!!!! NOW I' Pumped!!!!!!:bling:letsnow::letsnow::letsnow::letsnow:
BIG BIG THANK YOU DINNER

Back