• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mpi turbo installed but reving at 4000rpm

time to install Yamaha clutching that came with kit and put plastics on and try her out

Glad you got it figured out! I was working so missed your later posts. You have the intake plenum (aluminium triangle that clamps to your throttle body) hose going to the wastegate on the turbo and your 5 "T" fitting for your vacuum lines hose running down to your BOV on the lower front left side of the turbo. If that's what your saying then yes your correct!

Also, I'm going to recommend a boost gauge at minimum. If you can afford it get Boost and AFR asap. I'd like to know how much boost your actually throwing at it!!

Also, if youd like... Turn the ignition on and hit the Mode button on the GEMS. Write down what numerical value each colour flashes at you. So push mode, write that colour and number. Push mode again, and so on until you have all your colours and numbers down! Once done you can just turn the ignition off. I'd like to see what the previous owner has it set at....

And your welcome for all my feed back!

Ok just to be sure hoses are right
The small one from air box is going to the fitting on turbo right beside motor oil reservoir and throttle body tee going to turbo at the front of sled(manual calls it by pass valve)
I'll check codes shortly thanks again

Last edited:
Ok got gem controller codes
4 green
4 orange
3 red
5 green with 8 blue
3 and 4 red with 8blue
I believe this is the default setting for low elevation (under 3000 ft)

Last edited:
Hopefully the weather holds up warm weather coming for a few days
Yamamarc glad to here your sled is running good I might be heading up to Sudbury this weekend how are the trail conditions thanks

Yamamarc glad to here your sled is running good I might be heading up to Sudbury this weekend how are the trail conditions thanks
Hey hammer right now trails are immaculate but we getting some warm weather next few days hopefully it doesn't mess thing up!!!! I'll let you know later this week on condition.. just be careful bigger lakes aren't safe yet (wanapetie lake panage lake)

Hey hammer right now trails are immaculate but we getting some warm weather next few days hopefully it doesn't mess thing up!!!! I'll let you know later this week on condition.. just be careful bigger lakes aren't safe yet (wanapetie lake panage lake)
Cool thanks for the reply keep me posted much appreciated

And also did you get that mpi of kijij
I think that's the one I had my eye on lol

Ok got gem controller codes
4 green
4 orange
3 red
5 green with 8 blue
3 and 4 red with 8blue
I believe this is the default setting for low elevation (under 3000 ft)

You are correct those are default GEMS settings...you should be good to go! And oh good about the gauges! Get them installed so you can monitor! And yes it sounds like you have the hoses hooked up correctly! Now enjoy your new mod!

Back